evolution-continues

  • min kyaw
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 10, 2011
      Action and mind (desire) of the beings and weather and nutrition are interrelated in general as causes and effects. Buddhist view is mind or desire is the main cause of existence.

      Action can be action, reaction and interaction. The main one is reaction and it is the only reality. Beings are simply reacting to whatever they perceive as sensation. In reality, action is reaction. The word kamma is used as (re)actions of the past and present. Actions are categorically wholesome actions and unwholesome actions. Wholesome actions are counted as moral and unwholesome are counted as immoral. There are neutral reactions as well. There are three types of actions: mental action, physical action and verbal action.

      Mind is the main concern in Buddhism. Thought is the main concern hence. Unlike science that emphasizes on physical world, Buddhism explains the existence as the mental world. Mind is what controls the body and reacts to the world around. The minds of the beings are what determine the body and the world around the world they live in. Herein how they devolve (fall) and evolve (rise) in turn as a whole together. As mind is the main factor, we can react either appropriately or emotionally. Hence, both peaceful state and chaotic state are possible by us all together.

      In this world, Buddhism separates human from animal although the two realms are overlapping. Apart from both tiny and large animals and plants, there are also beings dwell on this earth, whose bodies are made of very fine particles unperceivable by human’s perception.

      The Buddha said that mind is a strange thing and thus beings are as strange and various as their minds are. As mind determines the physical world, the actions with intention are viewed differently as volition. But all actions can affect the body and the world around.

      In Buddhism, the mind and the actions of humans are that affect the weather and quality of food we eat. Although we share the earth with various other beings, we humans are the species that affect others and influence the nature around us. Yet, the nature itself has its natural system as the law of nature. By natural law, the nature acts and affects us all. But natural law only affects us the way we act – it only affects on us according to our actions whether wholesome or unwholesome.

      Naturally everything has lifespan so has the earth. One day the earth will be destroyed alongside with the universe and this place (universe) will completely become dark again.

      Note: I’m writing from my memory that I read from various books of Buddhism so I’m not using any references to back up my information.

       Min Khin Kyaw

    • janine_200
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 19, 2011
        --- In evolutionversuscreation@yahoogroups.com, Forestmage <forestmage.geo@...> wrote:

        > >FM: There is no evidence of anything existing before the Big Bang. Life cannot have existed until environments capable of supporting it formed, therefore existence must have existed before life appeared. But if you're going to claim that life existed at the same moment when existence started, you're going to have to come up with evidence to back up that claim. Mind and desire do not exist without something alive to have them. How is that not obvious?
        > >
        > >Min: How do you know the BB was real and the start? It's just a model highly contradicting other available evidences. Think about the need of inflation theory, dark matter, dark energy and dark flow - and read how they were developed into the BB theory. The modern physicists themselves are not sure. Then how are you so sure? The scenario can be much simpler than they have thought. BB is not necessary to start with. Universe can exist without beginning.
        > >

        > FM: The expansion of the universe has been extrapolated back to a specific time and location for it's origin point. Do you have a better explanation for this than the Big Bang?
        >
        > >min: In this world, Buddhism separates human from animal although the two realms are overlapping.
        > >
        > >FM: Humans are animals. There is no "separation" between humans and other animals.
        > >Min: Why are you sure that we have the same intelligence, capacity and potential?  I agree beings are just beings, living things. This fundamental is of course true. But man and animal have differences at intelligence level and that's the importance is what I emphasized.
        > >
        > >FM: No two species have exactly the same intelligence, capacity, or potential. That's part of why they are different species. Our species specializes in intelligence of a sort which produces complex abstract thought. A bat species specializes in air-born echolocation, while whales and dolphins specialize in aquatic echolocation. A vulture specializes in safely eating dead, deteriorating animal flesh. And so on.
        > None of these species, including ours, are "separated" from the rest of the animal kingdom just because they manifest a specific specialty. We aren't "extra special" just because our specialization happens to be intelligent abstract thought capability. However, that very capability does all too often allow us to arrogantly *think* we are "extra special". All that is is merely another abstract idea amongst a sea of abstract ideas in our heads. It is merely a thought, not an intrinsic reality.
        > >
        > >Min: If we are supposed to be different, then how do you explain 'self awareness', fear, communication, symbiosis, friendliness, etc to have among all beings? Intelligence is fine with me but what's your view of psychological factors that we share the same and only upon that the conscience is built?
        > >

        > FM: The conscience is culturally determined. The conscience is not identical among all humans.

> [...]

        Janine: I agree with everything that Forestmage says here...except...the part concerning the <invisible> beings floating around...although obviously not invisible or no one would see them. History indicates that huge numbers of people through the ages believe that they have seen apparitions. As an example (rather than factual percentage) if say, approximately one out of ten people think that they have seen an apparition of sorts, then we would be speaking of approximately 700 million people, then add in all those in the past who believe that they have done so...

        I agree it is not tangible evidence, but then add in the number of pictures we have (and yes there are some genuine pictures that are difficult to explain). Is eye-witness testimony no longer evidence? I have clearly seen one. I have friends who have clearly seen them and one even tried to swish their arm through one. :-)

        If we use the excuse that they cannot exist if we cannot see them to capture them, that they must be imagination, then a lot of particles and neutrinos might fall into the "can't possibly exist" group. I prefer to think that there is some sort of scientific answer...another dimension, a time glitch we sometimes glimpse, our subconscious somehow able to perceive what our conscious mind cannot and at times it bleeds through to our conscious... Not sure of the answer, but don't think we understand our universe as well as we would like to imagine that we do.