Re: Evolution refuted!!!

  • tinroad66
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2002
      Tin: Again more crap that even creationists recognize as crap.
      Find below: 1) link with refutation; 2) excerpt of refutation; 3)
      original crap to refute.

      --------1. link with refutation--------------------

      http://www.geocities.com/athens/agora/3958/weekly/weekly56.htm

      ------2. Excerpt----------------

      8. Evidence from dinosaur and human fossils
      [http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dino- fossils.htm] : Malachite man: The
      location and association of these fossils is subject to intense doubt
      and their relationship to dinosaurs fossils is unknown and impossible
      to verify.

      9. Evidence from dinosaur and human fossils
      [http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dino- fossils.htm] : Fossilized Hammer:
      The fossil is highly questionable and its association with dinosaurs
      is doubtful and impossible to verify.

      10. Evidence from dinosaur and human fossils
      [http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dino- fossils.htm] : Fossilized Human
      Finger: The fossil is suspicious and possibly a hoax. There are no
      means of verifying that the alleged fossil is in any way associated
      with dinosaurs.

      11. Evidence from dinosaur and human fossils
      [http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dino- fossils.htm] : Fossilized Hand
      Print: The fossil is suspicious and possibly a hoax. The
      interpretation of the alleged fossil as a hand print is doubtful and
      worthy of rejection. The fossil is not associated with any known
      dinosaur fossil.

      ----------3. original crap to refute-----------
      --- In evolutioncreation@yahoogroups.com, "yecreationist
      <krinks@p...>" <krinks@p...> wrote:
      > NOVA TV Special, God, Darwin And The Dinosaurs, "...dinosaur
      > footprints, side by side with humans. Finding them would counter
      > evidence that humans evolved long after the dinosaurs became
      extinct
      > and back up...[the] claim that all species, including man, were
      > created at one time."
      >

      > Of course if they were truly honest with themselves they would
      > have noted the following and then went on to declare evolution dead
      > and buried by their own words...
      >
      > Malachite Man
      > Fossil remains from at least 10 perfectly modern humans (5 males, 4
      > females, 1 infant) have been excavated fifty feet down from the
      > surface, within the Dakota Sandstone, the same formation found at
      > Dinosaur National Monument, famous for its dinosaurs.
      >
      > Fossilized Hammer
      > This unique iron hammer with partially coalified wooden handle was
      > found in Lower Cretaceous Limestone, supposedly 140 million years
      > old (the time of the dinosaurs). According to evolutionary theory,
      > this hammer must have been made by dinosaurs.
      > (( 140 million years old hammer??))
      >
      > Fossilized Human Finger
      > This amazing fossil was found along the banks of the Paluxy River,
      > famous for its dinosaur and human tracks. The dramatic three-
      > dimensional shape is unmistakable. (Many three-dimension fossils
      are
      > found near by.) This fossil has been carefully analyzed, x-rayed,
      CT-
      > scanned and found perfectly consistent with a human finger.
      >
      > Fossilized Hand Print
      > This fossil which corresponds perfectly to a human handprint shows
      > astounding detail. Even the print of the thumb nail can be seen. It
      > is found in the Glen Rose limestone which is designated as Middle
      > Cretaceous, supposedly 110 million years old and contemporary with
      > the dinosaurs!
      > ((A 110 million years old hand?))
      >
      > As you can see, from this and the prior post, dinosaurs and
      man
      > were indeed comtemporaries as the scriptures say they were..
    • tinroad66
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 22, 2002
        Original claim:

        Fossilized Hammer
        This unique iron hammer with partially coalified wooden handle was
        found in Lower Cretaceous Limestone, supposedly 140 million years
        old (the time of the dinosaurs). According to evolutionary theory,
        this hammer must have been made by dinosaurs.
        (( 140 million years old hammer??))

        The reality:

        The hammer is in the possesion of Carl Baugh who insists that it's
        millions of years old. Unfortunately Mr. Baugh doesn't want
        conventional scientists to look at it. Thus, all we have are
        assertions. However, based on verbal descriptions and decriptions
        reasonable hypotheses can be made.

        Some possibilities:
        http://members.aol.com/paluxy2/hammer.htm
        [NCSE researcher John] "Cole also noted that the hammer is of "recent
        American historic style," and concluded that it was probably a 19th
        century miner's hammer. Others have suggested that it might be a
        metal working hammer, and that the protrusion on one end of the head
        might have once contained a leather or wood cap that has since
        weathered away (Helfinstine and Roth, 1994). Perhaps further research
        will clarify its actual use and precise age.

        Finally carbon 14 dating was used indicating an age in the range of
        hundreds of years old. It seems that Baugh was wrong.

        How could Baugh have misdated the hammer?

        http://members.aol.com/paluxy2/hammer.htm

        The stone is real, and it looks impressive to someone unfamiliar with
        geological processes. How could a modern artifact be stuck in
        Ordovician rock? The answer is that the concretion itself is not
        Ordovician. Minerals in solution can harden around an intrusive
        object dropped in a crack or simply left on the ground if the source
        rock (in this case, reportedly Ordovician) is chemically soluble
        (Cole, 1985).

        Tin: Mark this is fun, do you have any more "evidence."
      • tinroad66
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 22, 2002
          The claim:

          > Malachite Man
          > Fossil remains from at least 10 perfectly modern humans (5 males, 4
          > females, 1 infant) have been excavated fifty feet down from the
          > surface, within the Dakota Sandstone, the same formation found at
          > Dinosaur National Monument, famous for its dinosaurs.
          ---original source: http://www.bible.ca/tracks/malachite-man.htm

          The rest of the story:
          -----
          http://members.aol.com/gkuban/moab.htm

          Creationist claims:
          1. The bones were found 50 feet deep.
          2. The bones were encased in extremely hard sandstone.
          3. Some of the bones were heavily mineralized.
          4. There was no evidence of intrusive burial.
          5. The rock encasing the bones is considered 150 million years old by
          mainstream geologists.
          6. The bones were in the same formation as nearby Dinosaur National
          Monument.
          7. The bones were found only a couple years ago (1995 or 1996,
          depending on the email message)
          8. Malachite Man is different from the "Moab Man" and "similar" finds
          of years past.

          1-8 are false -- click on the link to read the gory details.

          What is "Malachite" ?

          http://www.geo.arizona.edu/~/pfarrell/malachite.html
        • tinroad66
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 22, 2002
            I should note that the links below, refuting the tracks are from a
            creationist.

            --- In evolutioncreation@yahoogroups.com, tinroad66 <no_reply@y...>