Re: Evolution for Dummies and Christians

  • yuh7h
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2002
      heres how nothing becomes everything. theres a big bang that creates
      atoms, most likely hydrogen since it is only one proton and one
      electron. as the universe expands gravity draws the hydrogen into
      coulds which gather into stars. the stars eventually grow old and
      die in a supernovea, but during their lifetime they fused hydrogen
      into larger and heavier elements. again a giant cloud is formed from
      the remains, this time whirpools where formed in the could from the
      gravity of a forming star froming planets. the earth at this point
      is a cold ball of dirt, but radiation, heat form the sun, and impacts
      from falling rocks warmed the planet. at this time a giant rock
      smashed into the earth, slowed and came around again throwing rock
      into space which becomes the moon. The earth warms and volcanes
      release gases and water vapor becoming the atmosphere, and eventually
      the ocean. i can't remember how long it took to get to this point
      about 1 billion years or so. the atmosphere is mainly carbondioxide
      and several other gases i can't remember, lightening striking several
      types of gases in the atmosphere combines to make simple organic
      molecules which fall into the ocean, there were 4 types lipids,
      proteins, RNA, and another that i forgot. these would colloect in
      small pools during low tide and would combine into more complex
      strings of molecules that can take on simple life funstions, an
      example being that lipids will make a bubble that behaves like cell
      walls and will even absorb other lipids and divide. the seperate
      elements eventaully fuse and become simple cells (experiments prove
      everything until can happen but at this point it would take millions
      of years to actually see this happen). remember the simplest of
      cells today do not have membrane bound organells (cell organs), these
      early cells were chemotrophs absorbing left over organic molecules,
      eventaully some became autotrophs to avoid competion and slowly
      changed the carbondioxide to oxygen to pave the way for more complex
      animals. it took 4 billion years of the earth's history to reach
      multicellar creatures. from there some got more complex and became
      fish, some left the sea to avoid competion and then we get dinosaurs
      (i made menetion of exygen as important, without it cells can only
      make 2-6 ATP units of energy, with oxygen cells can make 40 or so)
      some animals became warm blooded and chemical reactions could take
      place at a constant speed no matter what the outside tempertaure was,
      this was a great advantage because they wouldn't become sluggish in
      cold temperatures. the dinosaurs died allowing mammals to take
      over. monkeys that became humans depended more on sight than scent
      and their noses shrunk and lost the split upper lip that other
      animals have allowing facial expressions and communcations, to see
      over the tall grass of Africa we began to walk upright to spot
      predators, through chance they survived and became smart, lost their
      fur and began expanding north into Eurpoe and Asia. and here we are,
      as for the future are eyes might evolve more like squid with the
      nerves and blood vessels attaching at the back of the eye rather than
      in the front like ours, also the transition from climbing to walking
      left us with somewhat ill suited legs, the current design causes
      minor damage to the lower back which may or may not catch up to use
      later in life.

      as for
      It's not
      > common sense is that we had a creator not that we arrived from
      > nothing.

      its as easy to believe that nothing suddenly exploded into everything
      as there was already and inteligent, but bored all powerful lifeform
      who using magic made everything out of nothing.

      --- In evolutioncreation@y..., raw199971 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > How is it common sense that nothing exploded created a rock, that
      > rock created bacteria and that bacteria is your grandfather? >
      >

      > --- In evolutioncreation@y..., "johndcal" <johncall@p...> wrote:
      > > It's just common sense:
      > >
      > > 1. The scientific community would not accept evolution unless it
      > were
      > > soundly proved. As a theory, evolution (Darwin) is on par with
      > plate
      > > tectonics and the Big Bang. If origins of species were not
      > > understood, science would say so, just as it does concerning
      black
      > > hole singularities, time before the Big Bang, and life on other
      > > planets. Science is not scheming against Christians.
      > >
      > > 2. Evolution has no baring on the existence of God, because He
      > could
      > > easily have created a universe complex enough to allow evolution
      > > proceed by natural law. The presence and manifestation of God in
      > the
      > > universe are not nullified by evolution.
      > >
      > > 3. Almost everything is evolving according to natural law: from
      the
      > > expanding universe, to the death of stars, to the changing
      > chemistry
      > > of the Earth's atmosphere. Is life the only thing that doesn't
      > evolve
      > > by natural law -- requiring the continual "tinker toying" of God?
      > >
      > > Evolution is a simple, elegant theory, supported by the vast
      > majority
      > > of scientists, an extensive fossil record, genetics, geology,
      > > biology, microevolution (laboratory and natural), and of course,
      > > common sense.
      > >
      > > John D. Callahan
      > > Christian theistic evolutionist
      > > http://www.faithreason.org/
    • yuh7h
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2002
        i should that im not bashing religion see below just trying to get
        people to see things in a different light.

      • tinroad66
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29 5:22 PM
          It should be evolution for dummies and creationists. Some
          Christians accept the reality of evolution. It's only the biblical
          literalists who deny reality.