Re: [evol-psych] Polanski, 'policing' and the high-status male

  • Mark Hubey
    Message 1 of 71 , Oct 1, 2009
      Steve Moxon wrote:
      > "The term 'rape trauma syndrome' was first used in the 1970s to
      > describe a range of psychological, cognitive, emotional and
      > behavioural responses to rape (Burgess & Holmstrom, 1974). Although
      > lacking an empirical basis, it nevertheless represented the first
      > attempt to describe and define the nature of women's responses to
      > rape. Rape trauma syndrome is now regarded as a variant of PTSD
      > (American Psychiatric Association, 1994). Symptoms of PTSD (intrusive
      > recollections, avoidance and hyper-arousal) are present in the
      > majority of rape victims for several weeks following the assault
      > (Steketee & Foa, 1977). However, these symptoms resolve rapidly, so
      > that, at three months post-assault, even in the absence of specific
      > intervention, most victims no longer meet full diagnostic criteria.
      > Rapid spontaneous resolution of generalised and phobic anxiety
      > (Kilpatrick et al, 1979)and depression (Atkeson et /al, 1982) also
      > occurs in the majority of victims."/

      If it were true, then the Garden-of-Eden type existence of the
      Aborigines and others where females were getting abducted, raped, and
      cooked was more like one gigantic rape-traume-syndrome.

      No wonder the offspring never amounted to even being able to
      invent/create simple agriculture or attempt to domesticate any animals.
      Abused women abused their children, and the abused children further
      abused women and children, and being totally ignorant they kept going.

      Is it any wonder that the ologies are so incoherent? You can't take one
      thing from one area and apply the ideas to another area. It never works.

      Regards, H.M. Hubey
      "There are two kinds of truth, deep truth and shallow truth, and the function of Science is to eliminate the deep truth." Niels Bohr
    • zdeluce
      Message 71 of 71 , Oct 11, 2009
        Actually.. ever here of actually?.. he alledged victim is now 45 years old married and mother of 3.. she says "let it go".. But the press won't.. I don't mind the press as i enjoy the work the do which ( unintentionally) serves us.. They are not out to serve us as the press is self serving but.. peeps love gossip.............what the hey.. this was the 60's everybody was getting it on ferchrisakes.. But I do know only too well what a prude is besiodes she got her money we.. he well meaning muther did,,

        History 101 leson.. the good god fearing christian mother tlls her loving daughter.."be on constant alert and beware of men and boys aas they're only after ne thing.. But las the good god fearing christian muther conviently omitted telling he oh so loving nymph daughter that wif out that "one thing"neither one of them would be here now to spend all that $ they got from Roman.. Did you know that girl was a nymphomaniac? Matter of record... Some mothers do have um!