[evol-psych] Re: Wealthy men give women more orgasms

  • bowmanthebard
    Message 1 of 520 , Feb 1, 2009
      bfranzese7@... wrote:

      > I believe that if a woman doesn't experience an
      > orgasm, it is not from a represssive upbringing...
      [...]
      > It is just likely that the
      > men are not very skilled in the art of amore.

      That's the adolescent view that men "give" (or fail to "give") women
      orgasms, isn't it?

      Personally, I think I've seen roughly the same amount of adolescent
      inter-sexual hostility from each sex in this discussion.

      Jeremy Bowman
    • Helen Fisher
      Message 520 of 520 , Feb 25, 2009
        HI Julienne,

        > I noticed that you said that the "Builders" were seratonin driven, and the
        > "Directors" testosterone based.
        > Are the "Negotiators" the estrogen driven, and the "Explorers" - dopamine?

        Yes. Although I also include oxytocin with estrogen, and norepinephrine
        with dopamine, only because when I look at the data, these dual systems code
        for related traits. For example, estrogen has long been associated with
        nurturing in many animal species, and oxytocin is now associated with
        feelings of trust and attachment, traits that are often related to
        nurturing. And oxytocin is produced by estrogen. There's a lot to all this
        and I am afraid I can't write it out here. But...

        > Is that right? And do you have a moment to explain these a little?

        I really go into this in my recent book, WHY HIM? WHY HER? I also have just
        submitted an academic paper which really explains these neural systems, but
        I will need to send that to you after it is accepted. I apologize.

        But thanks for your interest. Helen.

        --

        If your email is returned to you, please use my other address:
        helenfisher@...

        Dr. Helen Fisher, Research Professor
        Dept. Anthropology, Rutgers U.
        Office: 4 East 70th Street