Calidris nomenclature -- revisited

  • stephanpickering@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2008
      In my synopsis of the nomenclature of the dinosaur Calidris Merrem 1804, I inadvertently omitted:

      Calidris minutilla (Vieillot 1819)
      = Tringa minutilla Vieillot 1819
      = Tringa wilsonii Nuttall 1839 nomen dubium
      = Tringa nana Lichtenstein 1854 nomen nudum
      = Tringa nana Burmeister 1856 [new name for Tringa minutilla]

      STEPHAN PICKERING / Chofetz Chayim ben-Avraham
      The Dinosaur Fractals Project
      2333 Portola Drive # 4
      Santa Cruz, California 95062-4250
      stephanpickering@...
      theropod research summarized: < www.dinodata.net > see PICKERING under their
      Reference Base
      IN PROGRESS; Mutanda Dinosaurologica: in memory of Samuel Paul Welles
      (9 November 1909--6 August 1997)
      IN PROGRESS: Alfred Russel Wallace's KING KONG: the semioptics of Willis O'Brien
      PARTNER IN THE UNIVERSE TO: NANCYGENE SCOTT, MY BELOVED QUANTUM PISCES
      Member 13853: SOCIETY OF VERTEBRATE PALEONTOLOGY