Re: [evol-psych] The" lesbian brain"

  • steve moxon
    Message 1 of 50 , Jan 4, 2007
      Jim and anyone else is fully free to claim anything they like about their own sexuality, and indeed to enact their political wishfullness, whether or not it be self-delusion or actually natural inclination. This forum is about what research reveals rather than what some would instead prefer to have been revealed so as to be consonant with their politics.
      A friend of mine who has just retired from clinical psychology holds the belief that sexual orientation is completely flexible. She also believes that the behaviour of the problem children she dealt with was down to the behaviour of their live-in fathers and not because of anything at all that they may have inherited.
      A broadcaster of BBC Radio4 claimed that but for social learning all men would probably routinely try to have sex with trees.
      There is no limit to what people want to believe regardless of what commonsense let alone research reveals, and simply because they need props for their wider opinions.

      Steve Moxon
      Message 50 of 50 , Jan 11, 2007
        Did they have ponies and groom them on Sundays?

        Is this evidence of 'broodiness' or infantilisation?

        Steve Moxon