Fw: [evol-psych] Article: Women Are Diagnosed With Posttraumatic Stress Disorder

  • Robert Karl Stonjek
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Notahoosier67" <notahoosier67@...>
      To: "Robert Karl Stonjek" <stonjek@...>
      Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 1:37 PM
      Subject: Re: [evol-psych] Article: Women Are Diagnosed With Posttraumatic Stress Disorder

      --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Karl
      Stonjek" <stonjek@...> wrote:

      > RKS:
      > I would caution that 'rape' in the law
      includes sex with underage
      > females regardless of whether it was
      consensual or not in some or
      > all states of the USA and possibly in
      other countries as well -
      > perhaps someone can give us the varying
      definitions of rape under
      > the law of various countries, particularly in
      the USA.

      The legal term is forcible rape, defined as "the carnal knowledge of
      a female [or person, depending on the source] forcibly and against
      her will."  Sex with underage persons is called statutory rape; when
      statutory rape was consensual, I believe it is usually
      called "statutory rape without force."  If the act is not
      penetrative, it is classified as "sexual assault."  However, "rape"
      is often used as shorthand for "forcible rape"; you need to check
      the definition in use in a given source.

      Mikael Thompson