Re: [evol-psych] Re: Courting Cues

  • roger.d.masters@dartmouth.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2006
    • JV Kohl
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
        roger.d.masters@... wrote:
        It follows that both the expression and reception of courting behavior may have many customary as well as innate cues, but the entire system will be subtly related to pheromones -- and this means that homosexuality must have a rather different pheromone eliciting system. To what extent this might be itself due to some OTHER factors, which might include genetics, toxins, or behavior, would need research.
        I've integrated existing research and published, with collegues, a pheromonal explanation of heterosexual attraction.

        Human Pheromones: Integrating Neuroendocrinology and Ethology
        by James V. Kohl, Michaela Atzmueller, Bernhard Fink & Karl Grammer
        http://www.nel.edu/22_5/NEL220501R01_Review.htm

        As we indicated in 2001, the same explanation (i.e., pheromonal) must be used to explain homosexual attraction.
        A biological approach does not lend itself to changing models merely to accomadate facts that might not seem to fit.
        Accordingly, a recent presentation text extends the pheromonal model: olfactory conditioning of the visual response,
        to homosexual attraction (and most likely homosexual orientation/behavior).

        Kohl, JV (2005) Human Pheromones, Neuroscience, and Male Homosexual Orientation;
        International Behavioral Development Symposium. Minot, ND, Aug 3-6. Entelechy: Mind & Culture; issue No. 6.
        http://www.entelechyjournal.com/kohl2.html

        I am currently detailing the evolutionary aspect of the model, which has origins in "brewer's yeast" that clearly
        extend both intercellular signalling mechanisms and immune system development -- from single celled organisms
        to primates, including humans. As Roger has indicated, this model incorporates genetics and toxins (e.g. stress),
        as is required to be inclusive of other biological approaches.

        Comments on any particular aspect of the model that does not fit the supporting/referenced biological facts
        are invited.

        Jim Kohl
        www.pheromones.com