Re: Article: Yawning is catching in chimps

  • fbmdewaal
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 7:03 PM
      --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "guillaume_caillaud"
      <tweess@y...> wrote:

      > Can we imagine that there would be just one unique psychological
      > mechanism that would cause the catching of yawn, smile, cry, or
      nausea ?

      For a confirmative answer, please, read: Preston, S. D., & de Waal, F.
      B. M. (2002). Empathy: Its ultimate and proximate bases. Behavioral &
      Brain Sciences 25: 1-72.

      -- Frans de Waal

      [Moderator's Note: Article avaliable in HTML form at
      http://cogprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/archive/00001042/
      in PDF (707kb, 71 pages)
      http://www.medicine.uiowa.edu/prestonresearch/BBS_PrestondeWaal.pdf
      (right-mouse-click and choose 'Save Target as..')]