Looking for the best description of the brain

  • Peter Small
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2004
      I've been searching for some time for a description of the brain that
      explains how it is possible for emotions to influence perceptions and
      behavior.

      The best I've come up with so far is a paper by Professor Marc Lewis,
      of the Department of Human Development and Applied Psychology at the
      University of Toronto, entitled: "Bridging emotion theory and
      neurobiology through dynamic system modeling"

      http://www.bbsonline.org/Preprints/Lewis-01212003/Referees/

      Has anyone any views or criticisms of this description of the brain?
      Are there any others that might be better? (I might add that my
      particular interest is in dynamic complexity and the use the brain
      makes of attractor basins).

      Peter Small

      Author of: Lingo Sorcery, Magical A-Life Avatars, The Entrepreneurial
      Web, The Ultimate Game of Strategy, Web Presence and the CD-ROM "How
      God Makes God".
      http://www.stigmergicsystems.com