Africans in Paleolithic Europe and Asia and its relevance to Egypt and modern civilization

  • M. Washington
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2003

      There are three urls linked to posters here that were in color and larger but have been made black and white and smaller in size to help with quick loading for anyone who is interested. I hope they load for you as I tested them and they do work for me. Clicking in the lower right-hand corner doubles the poster size.

      There seems to have been a huge Paleolithic-Neolithic African cultural sphere, as P. Smith and some others have said, that spanned the French Pyrenees to the tip of South Africa. I’d say we should include Siberia, the Ukraine, and the Oceanic world as well where there existed a uniform culture. I have identified a dozen-and-a-half features found in the archeological record then still practiced this very day in Africa. Characteristic throughout that time and geographical area were at least the tiny human pictorials in brown, red, and black from the Upper Paleolithic down to the beginnings of Egyptian hieroglypics and engravings. A small population within that harmonious sphere launched ancient Egypt.

      In that sense, this big picture of things is relevant to present studies of Egypt, the Near East, early civilizations, and Western civilization. And, it seems people of African phenotype have had something major to do with it. I present an opinion in an eight picture poster here:

      [1] http://www.mightymall.com/TheSecondBookImages/01-11-000-00-00_B.W.80.Pre-historic.African.Body.Rock.Art.Forms.in.Europe.&.Asia.&.the.Same.Present-day.Phenotypes.jpg

      I came upon the book: Sergei I. Rudenko, Frozen tombs of Siberia – the Pazyryk Burials of the Iron Age Horsemen, (University of California Press, Berkeley, 1970). I was surprised to learn of a clear Nubo-Egyptian presence in the form of an Altaic equestrian society of Africans. Seen between the next two urls are the remainder of things spoken of from this point on. Their iconography includes the lotus of the Blue Nile and the god Bes is unmistakable. Their artifacts include the African pipe and Nubian harp as grave goods.

      [II] http://www.mightymall.com/TheSecondBookImages/02-16-800-43-60-00_B.W.80.Altai.Horse.Crests.Crafted.by.Nubian.Equestrians.in.Siberia--Composite.jpg

      Their tombs were not Kurgan in nature with the double circle of rocks, but did contain chariots and horses sacrificed along with the deceased and contained in their barrows. They crafted horsehead crests, whips, riding gear preserved as grave goods. They mummified their dead as did the Nubians and Egyptians. They had the same gods as the Nubians and Egyptians as the author has identified through the intermediary role of the Scythes. It raises the question: Is Ural-Altaic and Nostratic language Northeast African in origin? I believe so. Africans heavily populated, even dominated that region until recent times. There is no question about that.

      Having been the earliest to domesticate large herbivores and being familiar with animal care and animal husbandry, did Africans have anything to do with the domestication of the horse and invention of the chariot during their long stay in Ukraine and Siberia (attested to Paleolithic jewelry grave goods from 25,000 years ago still worn in the exactly the same style today – I can provide the url for a poster I made if anyone is interested and writes me offline).

      [III] http://www.mightymall.com/TheSecondBookImages/02-08-100-00-01_B.W.80.Egypto-Nubian.and.Siberian.Altaic.Society-the.Similarities.Composite.jpg

      As the Arab race is not “Russian” in phenotype (did they domesticate the camel or was it Africans? As Arabs came after long distance trade had long been established), it must be a combination of miscegenation between the original African population of the Near East and the incursive Kurgans. As such, the curly-haired Negro riding a horse in picture II:6 must be a transition between the Africans that historically were in those countries and the Arabs that came to be identified with those Near Eastern countries. In II:1&2 the first was found on saddlery and the second was a wooden carving similar to Bes.

      Again, this group of posters seems relevant to the dynamics found in Egypt and Near Eastern societies as well as the development of the coming Western societies.

      Marc Washington