Re: [evol-psych] Woman gains British accent after stroke

  • Jarrod Clark
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2003
      This happened to one of my buddies, though only temporarily, after falling off a balcony and landing on his head. He was in a coma for about five days, then when he woke up he had a british accent. At first he was speaking only with the British accent but then as time went on he began losing the accent, he would have it then he would not. After about two weeks it was completely gone.

      what could have caused this syndrome to stop after a period of time? Could it mean that the damaged area repaired itself (i realize that this rarely happens)? I don not really know what to make of his situation.

      Jarrod