Re: [evol-psych] Do animals think?

  • Steven D'Aprano
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31 4:40 PM
      On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 04:22, Ian Pitchford quoted from The Guardian:

      > Do animals think?

      We are animals, and we (well, most of us) think. So the question should
      be, "To what extent do non-human animals think?". This is a much better
      question, as it allows for graduations in degrees, and different
      answers for different species.

      But that question doesn't satisfy either the human chauvinists who would
      like to answer "None at all", nor the pink-fluffies who would like to
      answer "Exactly the same as we do".

      --
      Steven D'Aprano