RE: poor white students outperform affluent blacks

  • zimmerma2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013

      ---In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, <rafonda@...> wrote:

      Note the persistence of delusional thinking: that poverty causes low academic performance, rather than recognizing that low IQ parents are more often poor because they have low IQs, and their children inherit those low IQs.

      DWZ: On the contrary, a large part of the human mind at birth is a BLANK SLATE, upon which impressions are laid down by experience! Intellectual differences between blacks and whites, and between many other pairs of racial groups, are among the human characteristics that come from experience! I thought everybody, except possibly Tea Party members and politicians from Texas, knew that! But these days there is no end to surprises!
      Don Zimmerman

      Vancouver, BC, Canada

      dwzimm@...

      http://mypage.direct.ca/z/zimmerma/

    • rafonda@frontier.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013
        > the human mind at birth is a BLANK SLATE, upon which impressions are laid down by experience! Intellectual differences between blacks and whites, and between many other pairs of racial groups, are among the human characteristics that come from experience! <

        I would say it amazes me that so many people on an EP list still maintain such delusions, but actually it doesn't ... I realize that people can believe what they want to believe.

        RAF