Re: [evol-psych] Re: Fewer Than Half Of Americans Have Full Time Jobs

  • nini
    Message 1 of 47 , Jul 10, 2013
      Well then all of you, let's do away with the educational system both public AND private.

      Don't need education to be ditch diggers. Then every one will be equal and we will be back in the 18th century

      'Pini

      On Jul 10, 2013, at 6:56 AM, Edgar Owen <edgarowen@...> wrote:

      Merle,

      Yes and no. The exercise is good but the accident and disability rate is much higher, and there can be exposure to toxic materials....

      Edgar

      On Jul 9, 2013, at 8:30 PM, merle lester wrote:

       and those so called active jobs are better for your health than sitting around in an office in air/ con...merle

      On 10/07/2013, at 9:25 AM, Don Zimmerman wrote:

      --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "Anna" <pantheon@...> wrote:

      The belief that illegal immigrants only do dirty jobs which nobody wants is a  pure fantasy. In So. California for example most contractor jobs are taken by illegal immigrants from Mexico who work for less and are always ready to go lower to beat their ( legal ) competition.   The same goes for movers, truckers, house painters, maids, gardeners, landscapers, pool cleaners, pool builders, car  repair, tree trimmers,  and so on, so on....
      Don’t tell me that Americans do not want these jobs. In fact the pay is very good, often better than for any office work.

      DWZ:
      I would think a lot depends on the actual numbers involved. If we are talking about illegal immigrants, it would not surprise me if there are 10 workers in vegetable fields for every one worker in a good construction job or a white-collar job. But someone will have to report the statistics to settle that question.

      In any event I should imagine the economic woes in the USA are related in only a small degree to the presence of illegal immigrants. Surely we should look to the financial sector and the influence of
      that sector, along with corporations of all kinds, on politics and government for a more informative picture of the entangled causal relationships that determine what happens.

      Donald W. Zimmerman
      Vancouver, BC, Canada
      dwzimm@...
      http://www3.telus.net/public/a7a82899