Re: News: Resurrecting ancient proteins, team finds just two mutations set stage for evolution of modern hormone signaling

  • anonymous_9001
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
      What nutrient causes what change through what mechanism using what pathway with which enzyme(s)?

      Until you can answer that, you've explained nothing. You've yet to describe any mechanism in your papers that make genomic changes.

      "Chromatin remodeling? Epigenetic. Does not alter base sequence at all. All it
      does is change how the genome is packaged to regulate access of transcription
      factors and RNA polymerases. Does not alter genome sequence.

      Silencing? Epigenetic. Silencing can be a result of chromatin remodeling,
      production of repressors/breakdown of activators, RNA interference, etc. Does
      not alter genome sequence.

      Alternate splicing? Epigenetic. Splicing is post-translational. Does not alter
      genome sequence."

      ""Reversible switching between EPIGENETIC states..."

      "Me: You still have not shown how your model accounts for observable GENOMIC changes.

      JK: Of course I have Mr. or Mrs. anonymous_9001. I have made it perfectly clear that the epigenetic landscape becomes the physical landscape of DNA via the effects of olfactory/pheromonal input associated with food odors and social odors on the microRNA/messenger RNA balance and alterations in the thermodynamic control of protein biosynthesis and degradation, which leads to differences in stochastic gene expression. Why don't you pay attention to what I have detailed, and stop trying to convince others that I have not shown how my model accounts for observable GENOMIC changes because you cannot grasp the complexity of the model and prefer to believe that mutations are somehow involved in adaptive evolution via ecological, social, neurogenic, and socio-cognitive niche construction. Is there a model that shows how mutations account for observable GENOMIC changes?

      I asked: Do you understand why people exemplify facts by using model organisms? Did you make any attempt at all to understand " Reversible switching between epigenetic states in honeybee behavioral
      subcastes" http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nn.3218> which are obviously nutrient-dependent and pheromone-controlled. What kind of idiot says "You still have not shown how your model accounts for observable GENOMIC changes." -- after it is perfectly clear that I have done precisely that in species from microbes to man?"

      Epigenetic processes DO NOT MAKE GENOME SEQUENCE CHANGES. Your model has never explained how genomic changes are made and never will. This is a fatal flaw in your model, as it directly contradicts observed evidence.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
        You have not identified yourself as someone with the minimal intelligence required to understand anything I have written. You have also not commented on anything included in my published works.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
          It's a very simple question that you either refuse to answer or cannot answer. Since you can't bring forth a logical reason as to why you refuse to answer, that leaves only one conclusion.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
            Also, you spend a lot of time avoiding questions under the guise of "you wouldn't understand anyway, so why would I explain myself?"

            It shouldn't be all that taxing to type up an explanation, so what harm is there in putting it out there regardless? Why does it matter if the possibility of people not understanding it exists? That's a cop out and you know it. Unless, of course, you're incapable of explaining it in the first place due to your own lack of understanding.
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 26, 2013
              Anon,

              Kohl did slip a few times and state his "model" in simple English but he resists doing it because when stated simply its absurdity is apparent.

              A few paraphrases of the Kohl "model" when he's slipped and stated what he really believes in simple English...

              The universe was created by God the Creator
              Olfaction is by far the most important sense even in humans.
              The book of Genesis is his (Kohl's) microbiology textbook (admitting he never took a college course in biology because of his "learning disablity [sic]")
              The universe exists because if it didn't it wouldn't (Kohl's logico-psycho theory of the universe)
              All genetic changes are caused not by mutations but by the creator God tinkering with his creation.
              All changes to the genome responsible for the evolution of new species are caused by what individual animals eat and smell.
              Anyone who doesn't agree is a FOOL!
              :-)

              There are others even more ludicrous  ...

              Edgar

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 26, 2013
                From: Edgar Owen <edgarowen@...>

                Anon,

                The universe exists because if it didn't it wouldn't (Kohl's logico-psycho theory of the universe)

                Edgar wrote: "... the physical universe is a complete consistent logico-mathematical system (if it wasn't it would tear itself apart and couldn't exist),...  He would like to attribute his nonsense to me, but clearly the logico-psycho theory of a universe that exists because if it didn't it wouldn't, is something only someone like Edgar (the antique dealer) would propose.