Re: [evol-psych] Sylvia Browne's Failed Amanda Berry Prediction Returns To Haunt Her

    Message 1 of 3 , May 14 3:02 PM
      At 06:16 AM 5/11/2013, Edgar Owen wrote:

      >Julienne,
      >
      >Thanks for this informative objective post for a change.
      >
      >Though somehow I suspect you'll soon be telling us you predicted
      >where they were and when they would be found from their astrological charts?
      >
      >Edgar

      No, Edgar, I wouldn't even attempt to make such a "prediction". I
      think this kind of prediction is cruel. Sylvia Brown always looks to
      me as though she is disengaged - not even involved in the predictive
      declarations she makes - even bored. I find her to have no integrity.

      I'm an astrologer, Edgar, not a psychic. One of the problems is that
      so many of these people, like Sylvia Brown, pretend to be
      astrologers, but they're not. It is people like Sylvia who are the
      shameless scam artists.

      Sylvia says psychics aren't always right - so why make such a cruel
      prediction - that Amanda Berry was dead, when she couldn't be sure?
      Such cold arrogance is irresponsible and disturbing. It's also
      heartless and cold. There's an element of self-aggrandisement -
      wanting attention for herself instead of having empathy for the
      people for whom she makes such pronouncements.

      Have you ever seen her on TV? S looks to me as though she's bored to
      tears, with clearly no respect for or connection to, the people in
      her audience.

      Julienne