Re: [evol-psych] Fossil of great ape sheds light on evolution

    Message 1 of 16 , May 13, 2013
      From: Edgar Owen
      Kohl,

      Even more confirmatory is Kohl's response to my comments where he doesn't deny he's a Christian Creationist and doesn't believe man evolved from ape-like ancestors and merely tries to avoid the question by changing the subject...

      JK: Edgar confirms he is delusional by discussing what he thinks are my beliefs with himself while ignoring thermodynamics and thermoregulation in the population of humans who arose during the past ~30,000 years in China and the fact that Analysis of 6,515 exomes reveals the recent origin of most human protein-coding variants at precisely the same time that the explanatory power of� nutrient-dependent pheromone-controlled adaptive evolution was confirmed in the context of thermodynamics and thermoregulation in the population of humans who arose during the past ~30,000 years in China.� Thus the vicious cycle of evidence supported evidence upsets the logico-mathematical universe theory in which the universe exists because if it didn't it wouldn't (and life on earth automagically arose and� somehow evolved as evidenced by our adaptively evolved embodied cognition).

      From: Edgar Owen
      Kohl, et al,

      Here apparently Kohl is hinting that as a Christian Creationist he doesn't even believe that man evolved from the great apes since he implies the theory is not proved.

      On this alone all his statements about 'science' become highly suspect.

      Edgar

      JK: This comes from someone whose stated belief is in a logico-mathematical universe that exists because if it didn't it wouldn't. Thus, comparisons can be made in the context of statements about 'science' that reveal the most unscientific approach to adaptive evolution I have ever encountered, at the expense of ignoring thermodynamics and thermoregulation in the population of humans who arose during the past ~30,000 years in China. Spend your thoughts on this, wisely. Or simplycontinue to ignore the science as Edgar does, and focus on his ideas about my beliefs.

      Kohl, J.V. (2012) Human pheromones and food odors: epigenetic influences on the socioaffective nature of evolved behaviors. Socioaffective Neuroscience Psychology, 2: 17338.

      On May 13, 2013, at 11:27 AM, james kohl wrote:

      Fossil of great ape sheds light on evolution

      Posted:�01 May 2013 10:21 AM PDT

      An integrative anatomy expert says the shape of an 11.8-million-year-old specimen's pelvis indicates that it lived near the beginning of the great ape evolution, after the lesser apes had started to develop separately but before the great ape species began to diversify.

      If we evolved from apes, this title is an accurate representation of what's required to shed light on evolution. However, if adaptive evolution occurs via ecological, social, neurogenic, and socio-cognitive niche construction (as it obviously does in species from microbes to man), I'm not sure how much light an integrative anatomist can shed on anything, especially given the difference in time frame and the shape of an 11.8-million-year-old specimen's pelvis compared to what we know about the thermodynamics and thermoregulation in the population of humans who arose during the past ~30,000 years in China. That population clearly represents nutrient-controlled pheromone-dependent adaptive evolution via a single amino acid substitution as is consistent with what is neuroscientifically known about the common molecular mechanisms demonstrated in other animal models of genes of large effect.�

      Kohl, J.V. (2012) Human pheromones and food odors: epigenetic influences on the socioaffective nature of evolved behaviors. Socioaffective Neuroscience Psychology, 2: 17338.

      Yahoo! Groups
      .

      Message 2 of 16 , May 13, 2013
        > Here apparently Kohl is hinting that as a Christian Creationist he doesn't even believe that man evolved from the great apes since he implies the theory is not proved.

        DWZ:
        Even if Creationism were taken seriously, it would not necessarily support Christianity any more than various other religions. But we don't hear much about Muslim Creationists, etc., if such views exist. That suggests that Creationism is a mainly a local phenomenon with a close relationship to political doctrines rampant in a few Western nations, especially the Tea Party type movements in the USA. It is convenient to bundle Creationism and Right-Wing Politics into one point of view and dismiss them together, so that it is not necessary to waste too much time thinking about separate but related nonsense.

        JK: And what, pray tell us, DWZ, does any of this have to do with discussion of evolutionary psychology?

      • Don Zimmerman
        Message 3 of 16 , May 13, 2013
          --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, james kohl <jvkohl@...> wrote:

          > And what, pray tell us, DWZ, does any of this have to do with discussion of
          > evolutionary psychology?

          DWZ:
          It is very relevant to evolutionary psychology. "Creationism" and "intelligent design" are modern traces of the religious doctrines that opposed evolutionary theory in its earlier formative period. It stands to reason that any notion that corrupts evolutionary theory in general will also corrupt the more specialized discipline of evolutionary psychology to some degree. Modern investigators should not have to waste their valuable time reliving old, nearly-dead controversies.

          Best regards,

          Donald W. Zimmerman
          Vancouver, BC, Canada
          dwzimm@...
          http://www3.telus.net/public/a7a82899
          Message 4 of 16 , May 14, 2013
            Kohl,

            Again Kohl for the 3RD TIME does NOT deny he DOES NOT BELIEVE HUMANS EVOLVED FROM APE-LIKE ANCESTORS. Again he changes the subject to avoid answering the question.

            Come on Kohl just tell us straight out did humans evolve from ape-like ancestors or didn't they?

            If it quacks like a Christian fundamentalist creationist it is a Christian fundamentalist creationist.....

            Edgar

            From: Edgar Owen
            Kohl, et al,

[...]

            Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest â╢¢ Unsubscribe â╢¢ Terms of Use â╢¢ Send us Feedback
            .

            Message 5 of 16 , May 14, 2013
              Kohl,

              I'm beginning to suspect you also believe that the world was created in 7 days in 4004 BC. No wonder "random mutations" wouldn't have any chance of contributing to evolutionary diversity!

              Perhaps you'd care to deny you believe this, or will you once again just try to change the subject to avoid answering the question thus revealing yourself for what you really are?

              We will see....

              Edgar

              Message 6 of 16 , May 14, 2013
                From: Don Zimmerman
                --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, james kohl wrote:

                > And what, pray tell us, DWZ, does any of this have to do with discussion of� evolutionary psychology?

                DWZ:
                It is very relevant to evolutionary psychology. "Creationism" and "intelligent design" are modern traces of the religious doctrines that opposed evolutionary theory in its earlier formative period. It stands to reason that any notion that corrupts evolutionary theory in general will also corrupt the more specialized discipline of evolutionary psychology to some degree. Modern investigators should not have to waste their valuable time reliving old, nearly-dead controversies.

                JK: Thanks.� You seem to have missed the facts that evolutionary psychology is not very specialized, and that it was corrupted by statistical misrepresentations, and that it is Edgar's portrayal of my religious beliefs that brought you in. Like him, you also ignored the context: thermodynamics and organism-level thermoregulation in species from microbes to man, with an extremely noteworthy example from a human population that arose during ~30,000 years.

                Others will continue to see past your obfuscation, as it has become perfectly clear that mutations theory or some other ridiculous theory has corrupted evolutionary theory.� Darwin's works have been misrepresented outside the context of his 'conditions of life' / 'conditions of existence,' which are obviously nutrient-dependent and pheromone-controlled in the human population that arose during ~30,000 years.

                Because 'conditions of life' involve molecular mechanisms that are conserved across species and epigenetically effected by exposure to food odors and pheromones, most people are probably able to surmise that natural selection to meet Darwin's 'conditions of life'� (i.e., nutrient acquisition and pheromone-controlled reproduction) involves selection for odors associated with food and involves pheromones associated with other organisms. For those who cannot simply determine what Darwin's 'conditions of life' were and are, I have detailed them in my model: Human pheromones and food odors: epigenetic influences on the socioaffective nature of evolved behaviors.

                When the topic of fossil evidence (i.e., evidence of past life) comes up, however, Edgar wants to focus on my religious beliefs and you immediately join him in doing so. Thus, while I agree that "Modern investigators should not have to waste their valuable time reliving old, nearly-dead controversies" it is also clear that you wish to reintroduce these controversies by inventing a means to do so -- attacking my beliefs based on Edgar's portrayal of them, when he has no idea what my beliefs really are or what they are based on.

                What surprises me is how someone who is so obviously delusional as Edgar can so quickly draw you into discussion of his nonsense and yet you refuse to discuss any intelligent and accurate representation of established biological facts. Have you ever been accused of being an intellectual 'fraud"? Edgar has insufficient intellect but I reserve the right to do so in your case.� But first....

                Are you still able to read? If so, see: Modeling Recent Human Evolution in Mice by Expression of a Selected EDAR Variant and the companion paper: Identifying Recent Adaptations in Large-Scale Genomic Data. If you cannot read or cannot comprehend the content, you may chose to watch or merely listed to the Paperflick that accompanies the Graphical Abstract associated with these two papers. I hope you will return to discuss the content of the 7-minute long Paperflick or whatever you think the religious beliefs are of the scientists in the video.� As is typical of you and my other antagonists, however, you will again go silent -- if only briefly -- when faced with overwhelming evidence of your ignorance, and return again to attack whatever you think the beliefs of others are.

                .

                Message 7 of 16 , May 14, 2013
                  From: Edgar Owen
                  Kohl,

                  Again Kohl for the 3RD TIME does NOT deny he DOES NOT BELIEVE HUMANS EVOLVED FROM APE-LIKE ANCESTORS. Again he changes the subject to avoid answering the question.

                  Come on Kohl just tell us straight out did humans evolve from ape-like ancestors or didn't they?

                  If it quacks like a Christian fundamentalist creationist it is a Christian fundamentalist creationist.....

                  --------------------------
                  Edgar,

                  Again you are� attempting to discuss what you think I believe and asking me to deny what you think. I refuse to take any responsibility for your ridiculous thoughts about my beliefs or to answer your stupid questions. Instead, I'm asking you to comment on the facts:

                  1. thermodynamics and thermoregulation in the population of humans who arose during the past ~30,000 years in China

                  2.�Analysis of 6,515 exomes reveals the recent origin of most human protein-coding variants

                  I'm asking this of you at precisely the same time that the explanatory power of� nutrient-dependent pheromone-controlled adaptive evolution was confirmed in the context of thermodynamics and thermoregulation in the population of humans who arose during the past ~30,000 years in China.

                  Please provide the group with your thoughts on these facts and refrain from ever again providing the group with information on whatever you think my religious beliefs are. The failure to discuss facts but willingness to discuss only your delusional thoughts about my beliefs is detracting from discussion (e.g., of facts) here and inviting the participation of others who appear to be as delusional as you are, and who are also unwilling to discuss the facts.

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 14, 2013
                    Kohl,

                    You are completely off the deep end. The discovered of "a population of humans who arose during the past ~30,000 years in China" has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with providing any evidence whatsoever of your totally nutty and fraudulent interpretation that this discovery somehow confirms " the explanatory power of  nutrient-dependent pheromone-controlled adaptive evolution was confirmed" whatever you THINK that means...

                    Edgar

                    From: Edgar Owen
                    Kohl, et al,

[...]

                    Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest Ã∞¢â╢¢Ã≠¢ Unsubscribe Ã∞¢â╢¢Ã≠¢ Terms of Use Ã∞¢â╢¢Ã≠¢ Send us Feedback
                    .

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 14, 2013
                      From: Edgar Owen
                      Kohl,

                      I'm beginning to suspect you also believe that the world was created in 7 days in 4004 BC. No wonder "random mutations" wouldn't have any chance of contributing to evolutionary diversity!

                      Perhaps you'd care to deny you believe this, or will you once again just try to change the subject to avoid answering the question thus revealing yourself for what you really are?

                      We will see....

                      JK: What we continue to see is that you are unable to grasp the fact that the topic here is evolutionary psychology, not my beliefs. In the context of this thread, fossil evidence can be compared to the facts now known from what's been learned about the molecular biology of nutrient-dependent pheromone controlled� adaptive evolution, as indicated in the information I keep providing links for:
                      1) thermodynamics and thermoregulation in the population of humans who arose during the past ~30,000 years in China
                      2) Analysis of 6,515 exomes reveals the recent origin of most human protein-coding variants
                      Are the links not working, Edgar? Or is it just your brain that's dysfunctional?

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 14, 2013
                        Kohl,

                        Again Kohl refuses to deny he doesn't believe that man descended from ape-like ancestors, or even that he believes that God created the world in 7 days 4004 years ago!

                        Case proven! Enough said.

                        Kohl tells us all we need to know about where he is coming from and the source of his "biology".....

                        Edgar

                        Message 11 of 16 , May 14, 2013
                          Edgar,

                          Another of my article's has been accepted for publication, after I refuted the reviewer's comments with evidence. It's more difficult to deal with someone like you who won't look at what I've published or the evidence, but then simply says Nuh-uh; that's not how adaptive evolution works in a logico-mathematical universe that exists because if it didn't it wouldn't.

                          Please be more specific about your refutations, for the sake of everyone's sanity. What is it you find wrong in this 7-minute portrayal of current evidence in the context of an accurate representation of adaptive evolution?
                          http://download.cell.com/mmcs/journals/0092-8674/PIIS0092867413000871.mmc11.mp4

                          Which one of the group that presents their findings is indicating to you that the adaptive evolution of this human population is not nutrient-dependent and pheromone-controlled?

                          1). Do you understand what's inferred about nutrient-dependent pheromone-controlled thermodynamics of receptor-mediated interactions and how they result in organism-level immune system facilitated thermoregulation as occurs in species from microbes to man?

                          2). Did you read about the recent discovery that pushes the advent of agriculture in China back to approximately 23,000 years ago?

                          3). Do you understand the difficulty of pinpointing the specific time and place of the nutrient-dependent change in the single amino acid substitution linked to the rise of the human population in central China during the past ~30,000 years? (Perhaps the advent of agriculture is a calculation that's off by ~7000 years.)

                          4.) Or are you a simple-minded blabbering fool who thinks he is qualified to tell me I am completely off the deep end? (#4 is a rhetorical question, but it can be readily answered by most participants here -- if they watch the video)