Re: [evol-psych] News: The Orgasm Gap: The Real Reason Women Get OffLess Often Than Men and How to Fix It

  • Brad
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2013
      Thirty-three to 50 percent of women experience orgasm infrequently and are dissatisfied with how often they reach orgasm.
      Performance anxiety is believed to be the most common cause of orgasm problems, and 90 percent of orgasm problems appear to be psychological in nature.

      -- Orgasmic Dysfunction, Medline Plus Medical Encyclopedia, September 2002.

      Ten to 15 percent of American women have never experienced an orgasm.
      Only 35 percent of the female population will orgasm during intercourse.
      Reasons for failure to climax include: sexual ignorance, sexual anxiety, and fear of letting go.
      A sexual response is a complex blend of many physical and psychological variables.
      What a woman expects, how she believes she should respond, and how she thinks she should act, will all impact how she experiences, behaves during, and reports her orgasmic event.

      -- Pathways to Pleasure, Robert W. Birch, Ph.D., Sexologist and Adult Sexuality Educator, 2000.

      Brad

      "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

      -- George Orwell