Preliminary Call for Papers, ESSSAT Conference, April 30 - May 4, 2014

  • Jay Feierman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 5:20 AM
    Dear Friends,

    The European Society for the Study of Science and Theology (ESSSAT) will be holding its biennial conference in the historic city of Assisi, Italy from the evening of April 30, 2014 to noon on May 4, 2014. Attached is a first announcement about the conference, including the conferences theme, from the Society's President, Antje Jackelen. If anyone wants more information about ESSSAT at this time and/or is considering joining ESSSAT, you can contact Jay R. Feierman (jay.feierman84@...) and I will send you by private email a copy of the latest issue of ESSSAT News and Review, which gives more information. ESSSAT, although European in origin, is open to persons of all nationalities and countries.

    On a personal note, I have attended and presented papers at the last two conferences (Edinburgh, Scotland in 20010 and Tartu, Estonia in 2012). I found the conferences among the most interesting I've ever attended over the years. The membership of ESSSAT is made up of approximately 1/3 biologists (biological evolution), 1/3 physicists (cosmic evolution) and 1/3 theologians with a smattering of other disciplines, such as philosophy.

    I've attached a .docx Word document to this email that contains a message from Society President (Antje Jackelen). If any can't open the .docx document, email me privately (jay.feierman84@...) and I will send it to you in another format or embed it into an email.

    Regards,
    Jay R. Feierman