On the Origin of Species by Natural and Sexual Selection (2009)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2013
      On the Origin of Species by Natural and Sexual Selection

      The article offers us a model that includes runaway selection theory: "...by virtue of its condition-dependent expression, the ornament functions as an indicator for the degree of local adaptation (25–27)."

      'Our results address a longstanding critique of models of sympatric speciation (3, 4, 6), which often rely on magic traits (5) to link ecological performance and assortative mating."

      "In our model, incipient species only differ in ecological characters and not with respect to sexual preferences or ornamentation."

      Are they joking, too? Is that why no one suggested that this model can be compared to mine?