Re: [evol-psych] On Heisenberg's development of quantum mechanics

  • Nils K.
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2013
      Dear Albert, dear All!

      Albert Himoe wrote:

      Einstein quote:
      "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product
      of human weaknesses"

      In the above quote Einstein is saying he's an atheist, is he not?

      NKO:
      From where is this Einstein quote taken?
      Einstein is in this quote, if it is correct, NOT talking about God,
      but about "the word God". We know for ceratin that Einstein was a
      non-atheist, and he was very angry each time his name was misused by
      so called atheists. Some "atheists" are still misusing his name.
      You, Albert, is the newest one to me misusing Einstein's name.

      Einstein did never say that he was an atheist, not even an agnostic.
      but he said that he did not believe in a personal God, for example the
      God of the Bible. Einstein was undoubtedly a religious man. His God
      was a non-personal God, often called "Einstein's God", that he saw in
      the Nature and the Universe.

      When Einstein had finished a groundbreaking theory, and gathered his
      nearest family/friends to share his joy and emotions, the atmosphere
      in the room was described by these people as strongly religious.
      They had watched God over his shoulders, that was the feeling among
      them. This is a general effect. Newton's motivation for his science
      was to find out how God, so to speak, had organized the Universe,
      finding the order and laws of the Universe. Ask Heisenberg, ask Rabi,
      ask Schroedinger, and other great minds, they can tell you, Albert,
      what these things are all about. Go to the historical written sources.
      People on the intellectual level of, say Niels Bohr, certainly found
      "atheist" philosophy childish, unproductive, and lame. Einstein said it
      right out: "Science without religion is lame." The creator idea and
      the creation idea are reference points when creating great science
      ideas and discoveries. The BB theory follows directly from the creation
      idea. "Atheist" ideas certainly delayed the discovery of the BB.
      (See B. Russell's claims on creation.) To find out more about the
      singularity of the BB we cannot avoid the creator idea. As a matter
      of fact, the singularity of BB is a possible God candidate,
      representing infinite complexity (measured as order), totally killing
      Dawkins main argument against the existence of a creator idea.
      And thereby effectively killing a working and interesting "atheist"
      philosophy.

      Best,
      NKO
    • Albert Himoe
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 23, 2013

        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/24/einstein-god-letter-sold-for-just-over-3-million-anonymous-buyer_n_2012282.html

        >Einstein is in this quote, if it is correct, NOT talking about God,
        >but  about "the word God".

        He's saying the word God "for me" stands no real entity.

        >When Einstein had finished a groundbreaking theory, and gathered his
        >nearest family/friends to share his joy and emotions, the atmosphere
        >in the room was described by these people as strongly religious.

        So there was a feeling called "religious". This is very different than believing in an entity called "God".

        >As a matter
        >of fact, the singularity of BB is a possible God candidate,
        >representing infinite complexity (measured as order ...

        You're just redefining the word "God".