Re: [evol-psych] evolutionary-psychology. & transference

  • Edward Korber
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21 3:33 PM

      The following popper user interface control may not be accessible. Tab to the next button to revert the control to an accessible version.

      Destroy user interface control

      Display Settings:

      The following popper user interface control may not be accessible. Tab to the next button to revert the control to an accessible version.

      Destroy user interface control

      Send to:

        Psychiatry. 2000 Fall;63(3):253-63.

        The evolutionary and developmental origins of patient-induced countertransference.

        Source

        Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Study Center, Shirley M. Ehrenkranz School of Social Work of New York University, New York, NY, USA. PGeltner@...

        Abstract

        The concept of patient-induced countertransference is important is in a number of contemporary schools of psychoanalysis. This phenomenon is a product of emotional induction, the primary form of communication among prehuman animals, and the channel of communication used between infants and adults prior to the acquisition of language. Emotional induction is interwoven with all areas of human emotional communication even after the acquisition of language. It is often tied to the repetition compulsion. In the analytic setting it stimulates the analyst's experience of the patient-induced countertransference, and is an integral part of all stages of the psychoanalytic process.

        PMID:

        11125671

        [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

        The following toggler user interface control may not be accessible. Tab to the next button to revert the control to an accessible version.

        Destroy user interface controlMeSH Terms

        The following toggler user interface control may not be accessible. Tab to the next button to revert the control to an accessible version.

        Destroy user interface controlLinkOut - more resources

          Be well

          On Feb 21, 2013, at 3:32 PM, "maering" <MelanieWilson@...> wrote:

          [evolutionary-psychology & transference]

          Hi

          I wonder if anyone could point me in the direction of papers or similar on the above please ?

          Thanks

          Mel

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             evolutionary-psychology-digest@yahoogroups.com
             evolutionary-psychology-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Edward Korber
          Message 2 of 5 , Feb 21 3:42 PM
            You may also wish to look at:

            Mothers and Others: The Evolutionary Origins of Mutual Understanding (Belknap Press) [Hardcover]

            Sarah Blaffer Hrdy (Author)
            May be relevant to the issues you have expressed an interest in.
            Be well
            E. Korber

            Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21 4:09 PM
              And before I forget...Bowlby, J. (1973). Separation: anxiety and anger, Vol. 2 of attachment and loss. London: Hogarth Press.

               As he was really an analyst who was interested in ethology and evolution... Just a good read in any case :-)

              Be well
              Ed Korber

              On Feb 21, 2013, at 6:42 PM, Edward Korber <mmkorber@...> wrote:

[...]

            • Melanie Wilson
              Message 4 of 5 , Feb 22 1:26 PM
                Thanks Ed, I have Bowlby’s work. Not seen the Mothers & Others book. The paper looks interesting but is it online I could only find an abstract ?

                Thanks

                Mel

                Company, unless specifically stated. You should not copy, forward or
                otherwise disclose the contents of this e-mail or any of its attachments
                without express consent