Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: News: Arizona Republicans Propose Bill That Would Not Allow Atheists To Graduate High School

Expand Messages
  • Don Zimmerman
    ... DWZ: A lot of political nonsense has been spewing forth from Arizona recently, but that one takes the cake. If such a bill were actually to pass, I have a
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 27, 2013
      --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Karl Stonjek" wrote:

      > Arizona Republicans Propose Bill That Would Not Allow Atheists To Graduate High School
      > January 25, 2013 By Hemant Mehta
      > A group of Arizona politicians - all Republicans, of course - have proposed a law (House Bill 2467) requiring public high school students to recite the following oath in order to graduate:


      DWZ:
      A lot of political nonsense has been spewing forth from Arizona recently, but that one takes the cake. If such a bill were actually to pass, I have a suggestion. Colleges and universities should no longer pay any attention to whether or not applicants from Arizona have graduated from high school, but should bases their decisions solely on test scores.

      Possibly teachers' recommendations could be added if it is judged that enough sane teachers remain in the system in Arizona. A similar plan would be desirable in the case of job applications in business, public service, etc., although it would probably be harder to implement. There are relatively fewer sensible and progressive companies and business organizations around the nation than there are universities.

      Best regards,

      Donald W. Zimmerman
      Vancouver, BC, Canada
      dwzimm@...
      http://www3.telus.net/public/a7a82899
    • mark hubey
      It s hard to comprehend. Leftists have to dig back to the Medieval Era (Crusades) to show that religions cause wars. Religious people only have to go back to
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 27, 2013
        It's hard to comprehend. Leftists have to dig back to the Medieval Era (Crusades) to show that religions cause wars. Religious people only have to go back to the 20th century to point out the great massacres of atheists and Marxists.
        And yet leftists claim to be rational. Really... Who's running propaganda and disinformatsia ?

        But they never stop talking diarrhea about rationality and dribbling on religion. Why? There must be something quite irrational, some lies they are trying to cover up, or some brainwashing that they cannot comprehend they have.

        http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM






        On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Nils K. <n-oeij@...> wrote:
         



        Dear All!

        More and more often we see lie propaganda from atheists all over
        the world.

        The statement in the subject line above is plainly wrong.

        If non-atheists are not allowed to have the oath, that would destroy
        the unity and equality of public schools, it would destroy the very
        idea behind public schools. And it would be totally undemocratic, since
        almost all students are non-atheists.

        One solution here is that the very little minority (if existing at
        all) establishes private atheist schools. After all atheism is a
        religion, and already millions of non-atheists had to do so in the
        past, because of lack of human rights in the public schools.

        The worst problem for public schools in the US is
        the lack of freedom of religious activities.

        We have weaker, but similar problems here in Norway, where the half-
        socialists will not allow the muslims places for prayer
        in the public schools of Oslo. This will be a real fight where the
        dull socialists will be beaten, I hope. The leftists are so extremely
        dull: With one hand they want public schools only, but with the other
        hand they damage the future of public schools.

        US people should go to the human-right court (is in Europe),
        to make the lack of basic human rights in US public schools
        internationally and absolutely illegal.

        Best,
        NKO




        --
        Regards,
        Mark Hubey

        "Learning to think in mathematical terms is an essential part of becoming a liberally educated person. "
        -- Kenyon College Math Department Web Page 

      • hibbsa
        ... Graduate High School ... proposed a law (House Bill 2467) requiring public high school students ... recently, but that one takes the cake. If such a bill
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 28, 2013
          --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "Don Zimmerman" wrote:
          >
          > --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Karl Stonjek"
          wrote:
          >
          > > Arizona Republicans Propose Bill That Would Not Allow Atheists To
          Graduate High School
          > > January 25, 2013 By Hemant Mehta
          > > A group of Arizona politicians - all Republicans, of course - have
          proposed a law (House Bill 2467) requiring public high school students
          to recite the following oath in order to graduate:
          >
          >
          > DWZ:
          > A lot of political nonsense has been spewing forth from Arizona
          recently, but that one takes the cake. If such a bill were actually to
          pass, I have a suggestion. Colleges and universities should no longer
          pay any attention to whether or not applicants from Arizona have
          graduated from high school, but should bases their decisions solely on
          test scores.
          >
          > Possibly teachers' recommendations could be added if it is judged that
          enough sane teachers remain in the system in Arizona. A similar plan
          would be desirable in the case of job applications in business, public
          service, etc., although it would probably be harder to implement. There
          are relatively fewer sensible and progressive companies and business
          organizations around the nation than there are universities.
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Donald W. Zimmerman
          > Vancouver, BC, Canada
          > dwzimm@...
          > http://www3.telus.net/public/a7a82899
          >

          Hi Don - out of interest have you ever had direct or indirect authority
          in an admissions process?
        • Nini
          Really?? What about the wholesale slaughter of the Indigenous by those so called Christian missionaries?? Want an example?? Lincoln home for insane
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 28, 2013
            Really??   What about the wholesale slaughter of the Indigenous by those so called 'Christian' missionaries??  

            Want an example??  Lincoln home for insane Indians in SD. Reason they were condemned to go there??  Practicing their *OWN* religion. 

            Btw, this place was in existence in the *twentieth century*. 

            'Pini 







            On Jan 27, 2013, at 8:55 PM, mark hubey <hubeev@...> wrote:

             

            It's hard to comprehend. Leftists have to dig back to the Medieval Era (Crusades) to show that religions cause wars. Religious people only have to go back to the 20th century to point out the great massacres of atheists and Marxists.
            And yet leftists claim to be rational. Really... Who's running propaganda and disinformatsia ?

            But they never stop talking diarrhea about rationality and dribbling on religion. Why? There must be something quite irrational, some lies they are trying to cover up, or some brainwashing that they cannot comprehend they have.

            http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM






            On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Nils K. <n-oeij@...> wrote:
             



            Dear All!

            More and more often we see lie propaganda from atheists all over
            the world.

            The statement in the subject line above is plainly wrong.

            If non-atheists are not allowed to have the oath, that would destroy
            the unity and equality of public schools, it would destroy the very
            idea behind public schools. And it would be totally undemocratic, since
            almost all students are non-atheists.

            One solution here is that the very little minority (if existing at
            all) establishes private atheist schools. After all atheism is a
            religion, and already millions of non-atheists had to do so in the
            past, because of lack of human rights in the public schools.

            The worst problem for public schools in the US is
            the lack of freedom of religious activities.

            We have weaker, but similar problems here in Norway, where the half-
            socialists will not allow the muslims places for prayer
            in the public schools of Oslo. This will be a real fight where the
            dull socialists will be beaten, I hope. The leftists are so extremely
            dull: With one hand they want public schools only, but with the other
            hand they damage the future of public schools.

            US people should go to the human-right court (is in Europe),
            to make the lack of basic human rights in US public schools
            internationally and absolutely illegal.

            Best,
            NKO




            --
            Regards,
            Mark Hubey

            "Learning to think in mathematical terms is an essential part of becoming a liberally educated person. "
            -- Kenyon College Math Department Web Page 

          • Steve Corsini
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 28, 2013

              << … Mark Hubey says: Leftists have to dig back to the Medieval Era (Crusades) to show that religions cause wars. Religious people only have to go back to the 20th century to point out the great massacres of atheists and Marxists.”

               

              The Christian soldiers of America have been waging a crusade against the Muslims of Iraq and Afghanistan for twenty years. Tens of thousands of innocent people have been murdered by indiscriminate bombing.

              There’s a better than even chance that  Christian and Jewish Soldiers to be using up their near use-by date ammunition so that weapons manufacturers can sell the government a brand new cache.

              Right now today, in the 21st century Multinational armament makers and their derivative industries are forcing god-fearing religious people to kill - in the name of god – right now! - Sunni are bombing Shiite (and vice versa), Moslem “Rebels” are fighting Protestant Christian Francophile Africans, Moslems and Hindus are snipping across the Kashmiri Border, Catholics and protestants are throwing rocks, petrol bombs and shooting each other.  

               

              These people are all atheists – if you truly believed that god’s word was law how could you believe some politician or preacher who says its gods will to break his commandment. Thou shalt not kill!  

               

              The right have NO moral authority to be able to speak about ANYTHING while they continue to falsely claim to have a monopoly on understanding gods will.

               

               

               

               

               

               

              From: evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com [mailto:evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mark hubey
              Sent: Monday, 28 January 2013 9:55 AM
              To: Evol
              Subject: Re: [evol-psych] Bill That Would Not Allow Atheists To Graduate High School [wrong claim]

               

               

              It's hard to comprehend. Leftists have to dig back to the Medieval Era (Crusades) to show that religions cause wars. Religious people only have to go back to the 20th century to point out the great massacres of atheists and Marxists.

              And yet leftists claim to be rational. Really... Who's running propaganda and disinformatsia ?

              But they never stop talking diarrhea about rationality and dribbling on religion. Why? There must be something quite irrational, some lies they are trying to cover up, or some brainwashing that they cannot comprehend they have.

              http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

               

               

               

               

              On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Nils K. <n-oeij@...> wrote:

               



              Dear All!

              More and more often we see lie propaganda from atheists all over
              the world.

              The statement in the subject line above is plainly wrong.

              If non-atheists are not allowed to have the oath, that would destroy
              the unity and equality of public schools, it would destroy the very
              idea behind public schools. And it would be totally undemocratic, since
              almost all students are non-atheists.

              One solution here is that the very little minority (if existing at
              all) establishes private atheist schools. After all atheism is a
              religion, and already millions of non-atheists had to do so in the
              past, because of lack of human rights in the public schools.

              The worst problem for public schools in the US is
              the lack of freedom of religious activities.

              We have weaker, but similar problems here in Norway, where the half-
              socialists will not allow the muslims places for prayer
              in the public schools of Oslo. This will be a real fight where the
              dull socialists will be beaten, I hope. The leftists are so extremely
              dull: With one hand they want public schools only, but with the other
              hand they damage the future of public schools.

              US people should go to the human-right court (is in Europe),
              to make the lack of basic human rights in US public schools
              internationally and absolutely illegal.

              Best,
              NKO



               

              --
              Regards,
              Mark Hubey

               

              "Learning to think in mathematical terms is an essential part of becoming a liberally educated person. "

              -- Kenyon College Math Department Web Page 

               

            • Don Zimmerman
              ... DWZ: Hi, Hibbsa. Yes, but only with respect to admission to psychology programs at the graduate level. I believe most university admission committees would
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 28, 2013
                --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "hibbsa" wrote:

                > Hi Don - out of interest have you ever had direct or indirect authority
                > in an admissions process?
                >

                DWZ:
                Hi, Hibbsa. Yes, but only with respect to admission to psychology programs at the graduate level. I believe most university admission committees would be able to get around any Arizona "loyalty oath" requirement and admit qualified students despite their failure to get a high school diploma.

                Best regards,

                Donald W. Zimmerman
                Vancouver, BC, Canada
                dwzimm@...
                http://www3.telus.net/public/a7a82899
              • Nini
                Woops sorry folks, meant Hiawatha not Lincoln in Canton SD I think. Sorry facing my first round of chemo this week and brain not totally with it. Pini
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 28, 2013
                  Woops sorry folks, meant 'Hiawatha' not Lincoln in Canton SD I think. 

                  Sorry facing my first round of chemo this week and brain not totally with it. 

                  'Pini







                  On Jan 28, 2013, at 6:36 AM, Nini <winyan7@...> wrote:

                  Really??   What about the wholesale slaughter of the Indigenous by those so called 'Christian' missionaries??  

                  Want an example??  Lincoln home for insane Indians in SD. Reason they were condemned to go there??  Practicing their *OWN* religion. 

                  Btw, this place was in existence in the *twentieth century*. 

                  'Pini 







                  On Jan 27, 2013, at 8:55 PM, mark hubey <hubeev@...> wrote:

                   

                  It's hard to comprehend. Leftists have to dig back to the Medieval Era (Crusades) to show that religions cause wars. Religious people only have to go back to the 20th century to point out the great massacres of atheists and Marxists.
                  And yet leftists claim to be rational. Really... Who's running propaganda and disinformatsia ?

                  But they never stop talking diarrhea about rationality and dribbling on religion. Why? There must be something quite irrational, some lies they are trying to cover up, or some brainwashing that they cannot comprehend they have.

                  http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM






                  On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Nils K. <n-oeij@...> wrote:
                   



                  Dear All!

                  More and more often we see lie propaganda from atheists all over
                  the world.

                  The statement in the subject line above is plainly wrong.

                  If non-atheists are not allowed to have the oath, that would destroy
                  the unity and equality of public schools, it would destroy the very
                  idea behind public schools. And it would be totally undemocratic, since
                  almost all students are non-atheists.

                  One solution here is that the very little minority (if existing at
                  all) establishes private atheist schools. After all atheism is a
                  religion, and already millions of non-atheists had to do so in the
                  past, because of lack of human rights in the public schools.

                  The worst problem for public schools in the US is
                  the lack of freedom of religious activities.

                  We have weaker, but similar problems here in Norway, where the half-
                  socialists will not allow the muslims places for prayer
                  in the public schools of Oslo. This will be a real fight where the
                  dull socialists will be beaten, I hope. The leftists are so extremely
                  dull: With one hand they want public schools only, but with the other
                  hand they damage the future of public schools.

                  US people should go to the human-right court (is in Europe),
                  to make the lack of basic human rights in US public schools
                  internationally and absolutely illegal.

                  Best,
                  NKO




                  --
                  Regards,
                  Mark Hubey

                  "Learning to think in mathematical terms is an essential part of becoming a liberally educated person. "
                  -- Kenyon College Math Department Web Page 

                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.