Re: [evol-psych] The one man peace mission -- New Internationalist

  • mark hubey
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2012

      On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM, merle lester <bmlester@...> wrote:

      "for one moment our lives met
      our souls touched"
      oscar wilde

      The joke is from 10th century Baghdad.

      The Imam is giving a sermon. "Oh, people, God loves cleanliness. Shave your pubic area so that
      the hairs are no longer than a barley."

      This guy has sneaked into the women's side and is hidden behind a veil. He says to one of the women "Hey sister, can you check mine to see if it is short?"

      She reaches in and shrieks. "Hark," says the Imam, "The words of the Lord have touched her heart and soul!"

      "Preacher, it did not touch my soul", screams the woman "It touched my hand."

      Mark Hubey

      "Learning to think in mathematical terms is an essential part of becoming a liberally educated person. "
      -- Kenyon College Math Department Web Page