Re: [evol-psych] : Sexual Regret ~ Evidence for Evolved Sex Differences

  • Robert Karl Stonjek
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2012

      From: Julienne
      Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 9:27 PM
      Subject: Re: [evol-psych] : Sexual Regret ~ Evidence for Evolved Sex Differences

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 30, 2012
        julienne writes: "Well, then, I guess you can tell that I would prefer one of the 25% of the men who didn't choose to
        "

        "I also don't see the decision to use a women this way to be moral at all, and I would then
        consider the total character of the man who would make such a choice."

        Again Julienne degrades males and undermines their value.
        Take, for example, the unending complaints about “objectification.” Feminists have long been complaining about the objectification of women. One theory I have is that much of this angst is simply due to the fact that other women are being objectified — it’s demoralizing for women to see other females soaking up attention from males. Being the “object” of sexual attention is both psychologically gratifying and sexually arousing for women, so when feminists complain about women being objectified, what they are really saying is “it is a terrible injustice that it is not me who is the object of universal desire.

        This is not the sexual objectification you are accustomed to hearing of. This is not objectification of individuals as objects of desire or beauty. The true objectification of human beings occurs when we treat them as disposable utilities, use them to the point of destruction, and then discard them like store brand appliances from wall mart. Male rape victims, thrown away and refused treatment by UN aid agencies -- because once they're broken, they're no longer men, and thus, not human. American veterans shattered by their combat experiences, returned home to be discarded. And unlike females who are objectified as items of desire or beauty, and thus protected and coveted, men objectified are discarded as actual objects, and abandoned to die. They are also invisible, and never discussed under the heading of sexual objectification.

        Brad

        "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

        -- George Orwell

[...]

        To blame the poor for subsisting on welfare has no justice unless we are also willing to judge every rich member of society by how productive he or she is. Taken individual by individual, it is likely that there's more idleness and abuse of government favors among the economically privileged than among the ranks of the disadvantaged. -Norman Mailer, author (1923-2007)

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 30, 2012
          At 06:32 AM 11/30/2012, Robert Karl Stonjek wrote:
          (...)
[...]

          Oh, jeez, Robert - I don't know where you came up with these figures. They are clearly not accurate, as my life alone would refute that information. One's life may be splattered with the occasional one in your 3 fatal categories, but it's only a splattering, and, I must say, a very unsatisfactory splattering to be pulled into.

          It would seem Robert, that I have managed to find the hidden exceptions to your fatal trio - but I don't believe that. I talk, every day, to both men and women who are struggling with their love lives - and most are looking for love, not for just casual using of other human beings.  The "casual" daters are usually afraid or disillusioned like you, or a bit
          sociopathic, or have a low EQ.

          As to your fears, Robert - we're all scared. It's just a matter of giving it a try - a leap of faith, at some point.
          Or not. Forget about the "expensive" - it isn't all about money at all, despite the traditional evol-psych chatter.

          The time which you begrudge vanishes out the window when one's in love - all one wants to do is to talk to/be with the other - and it's a lot more rewarding than taking out the rubbish or sending another professional e-mail.

          Have you never been in love? Or do you think it's just about hard drives? Or do you think love is just a hard drive?
          If it is, then how have you managed to avoid it? Why fight Saturn?

          That said, we are all different, and in truth, some are more "relationship" people than others - and some are more driven by their work than love/romance/passion.

          Cheer up - and remember, nothing ventured, usw.

          BTW - you didn't answer or comment on some of my other points above...:) ?

          Julienne

          PS - if you do meet someone, get his/her birthday, and I can tell you what the relationship potential is.
          Your friendly astrologer. :))

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 2, 2012
              On 11/30/2012 9:35 AM, Brad wrote: when feminists complain about women being objectified, what they are really saying is “it is a terrible injustice that it is not me who is the object of universal desire.

              VERY true, at least in some cases.

              I think there is often jealousy involved as well, with many lesbian or simply asexual feminists being offended that some women like men and enjoy lovemaking with them: they consider it disloyalty..

              There was some really perceptive discussion of this in "Drawing Down the Moon".

              RAF
            • nini

                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 5, 2012
                  If you look at what Moxon said to the PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE and then look at how the press reported it, the demonization of Moxon is obvious.

                  The same kind of demonization is given to proponents of evolutionary psychology.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 6, 2012
                    We should strenuously object to scientific hypotheses for which the
                    evidence is weak, but not "demonize" the person offering that
                    hypothesis. After all, more information might establish the ridiculed
                    hypothesis. I think this characterizes Jensen's and others' work on
                    "race and intelligence." They may be right, but the majority still
                    regard it as dubious.

                    Moxon, however, is in a different category...because he fabricates some
                    (much?) of his scientific evidence. Moreover, when someone like myself
                    reports that Moxon's words in summary of a particular research article
                    are patently false (the research did NOT conclude as Moxon reported), it
                    is Moxon who demonizes me. In fact, he sent me threatening emails for
                    so exposing his lies.

                    I think that puts Moxon in a special category, and he deserves to be
                    demonized. He's not offering an hypothesis based upon scientific
                    evidence, he's making up that scientific evidence in order to foster his
                    misogynistic sociopolitical agenda of hate.

                    --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "mankindms"

                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 6, 2012
                      On 12/6/2012 8:00 AM, clarence_sonny_williams wrote:
                      Moxon, however, is in a different category...

                      Indeed, he IS in a different category than yourself, and this (disparaging him on a list where he can't reply) is the only way you would ever be able to contend with a genuine intellectual such as Moxon. Then too, he might not bother to reply to you even if he were allowed to post here; as the old saying goes: "an eagle does not hawk at flies".

                      RAF
                    • clarence_sonny_williams
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
                        As usual, RAF, when you don't like what someone says, you misrepresent
                        what they've said.

                        Moxon is in that "special category" including people who have
                        demonstrably fabricated scientific evidence and/or egregiously
                        misrepresented it. While Moxon was still a member of this group, I
                        purchased his book to read first hand the material to which I disagreed.
                        I caught him publishing a bald faced lie. I confronted him with a
                        specific piece of research he cited in his book, and asked him to
                        explain how the researcher's words that I quoted were just the opposite
                        of what Moxon cited in his book. He replied that his editor excised
                        what he intended to write and he had the original manuscript to prove
                        that...but he never provided this promised evidence! We went back and
                        forth a few times, and then he began threatening me in private emails.
                        As a result, Robert did what we should expect him to do: Moxon was
                        kicked off the group.

                        I have made no new charges against Moxon, so your comment that he cannot
                        defend himself is not germane. He did attempt to defend himself, and
                        failed miserably. I provided everyone with all the evidence, and nobody
                        presented contrary evidence. Therefore, the conclusion that Moxon
                        publishes lies was established.

                        --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, R A Fonda <rafonda@...>

                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
                          Excerpted from below, Clarence wrote: "I provided everyone with all the evidence, and nobody presented contrary evidence."

                          JK: Anyone who thinks that Williams is capable of providing anyone with evidence of anything is mistaken. I have repeatedly provided evidence that refutes his ridiculous assertions, and he simply refuses to respond. I don't care what happened between him and Moxon; just that others see from what he still does to this day that it's more likely Williams is the problem, as he probably always will be.