Re: [evol-psych] Astrology is not refuted and cannot be refuted

  • Nils K.
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2012
      Dear Edgar! Dear All!

      Edgar:
      You are a crackpot when it comes to science my friend, pure and
      simple. You write "Since, using Popper, astrology is
      scientific......"! I don't know whether to laugh or cry or just
      leave the group over that one. It's so nonsensical it doesn't even
      make sense in an alternate reality! Why is Robert letting the group
      go to hell with all the astrology posts?

      NKO:
      Do you not see that your post above is totally empty.

      Do you not see that you are totally unable to explain why NKO's
      message is wrong?

      Do you not see that your verbal behavior is far beyond the
      normal rules of discussion and debate?

      Do you not see that it's possible that your messages are part of
      the explanation why this group does not grow as fast as we all wish.
      Rude and empty messages are the worst thing when it comes to
      repelling potental members.

      Astrology (the mother of astronomy) is a subject that will give us
      more members, not fewer. But I do think that the postings on astronomy
      will end very soon.

      Edgar, if you want this group to have more members, not fewer, stop
      breaking all the rules of good discussion climate, and stop sending
      empty messages.

      By the way, Edgar, I will not post more messages on astrology unless
      genuinely sensational information is popping up.

      Einstein had three advices to parents: Read fairytales,
      read fairytales, read fairytales. You see, Edgar, fairytales are
      not only fairytales, and imagination is more important than knowledge,
      according to Einstein.

      Theoretical (and practical!) physics today are even more "crazy" than
      astrology.

      Lastly, Edgar, both you and me, to be honest, should be
      very thankful to RKS for his liberal moderator policy.

      Best,
      NKO
    • Wade
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2012
        Nils::

        Astrology (the mother of astronomy) is a subject that will give us
        more members, not fewer. But I do think that the postings on astronomy
        will end very soon.

        Wade:

        Well that's certainly true.  The sad fact is that there are alot of crackpots out there.  The scientific method is somewhat
        counter-intuitive.  Simple minds are far attracted to simplistic stories and "explanations" offered by religion, astrology and other quackery.