Non-random epigenetics effects: another language?

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2012

      Epigenetics
      Epigenetics Armed German E. coli | The Scientist Magazine®

      Source: the-scientist.com

      The 2011 outbreak in Germany that caused some 50 deaths was caused by a strain of E. coli with a complex mechanism of gene regulation.

      jvkohl@... sent this using ShareThis. Please note that ShareThis does not verify the ownership of this email address.

      Excerpt: “The DNA bases targeted for modification are highly non-random, and the targeting had a broad effect on the transcription of genes,” Schadt said in the release. “It almost appears like another language.”

      My comment: I think this exemplifies the common language of molecular biology across species from microbes to man. If not, perhaps some of my antagonists will provide a model for adaptive evolution that does not incorporate the common language of epigenetic effects on genetic predisposition.