Right Must Leave the Bubble

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2012
      Fwd:

      [If you need a boost in your confidence about the US voter
      rejecting the many Romney positions and all the nonsense
      believed by the Conservatives and Far-Right.  Now we wait
      to see if the GOP works to improve life for most Americans,
      They must if they pretend to hold to their view that they are
      doing just this.  Think this could mark the end of Karl Rove's
      tactics and acceptance by the GOP?  They should dissociate
      themselves from him after this mess.

      Click on the links to see Rachel Maddow's take on all of
      this -- it's a useful reality.     ATLAS]

      Rachel Maddow | The Right Must Leave the Bubble

      Watch the Video at MSNBC

      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#49736294

      To blame the poor for subsisting on welfare has no justice unless we are also willing to judge every rich member of society by how productive he or she is. Taken individual by individual, it is likely that there's more idleness and abuse of government favors among the economically privileged than among the ranks of the disadvantaged. -Norman Mailer, author (1923-2007)

    • Nancy
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2012
        What is your idea of what would improve life of most? Neither major party has the answer as far as I can see. What is it that improves life and how would you make that happen?

        Nancy

        Julienne: "Now we wait
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2012
          Nancy - I don't recognise this - can you tell me when I did? Are you
          sure it was me?

          Julienne

          At 09:40 AM 11/9/2012, Nancy wrote:
          >What is your idea of what would improve life of most? Neither major
          >party has the answer as far as I can see. What is it that improves
          >life and how would you make that happen?
          >
          >Nancy
          >
          >Julienne: "Now we wait
          >to see if the GOP works to improve life for most Americans,
          >They must if they pretend to hold to their view that they are
          >doing just this."

          To blame the poor for subsisting on welfare has no justice unless we
          are also willing to judge every rich member of society by how
          productive he or she is. Taken individual by individual, it is likely
          that there's more idleness and abuse of government favors among the
          economically privileged than among the ranks of the disadvantaged.
          -Norman Mailer, author (1923-2007)
        • Peter
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2012
            On 09/11/12 14:40, Nancy wrote:
            > What is your idea of what would improve life of most? Neither major party has the answer as far as I can see. What is it that improves life and how would you make that happen?
            >
            > Nancy

            I think if we believed in evidence instead of God as a catchall label,
            we might take a step forward.

            Regards.

            Peter.

            http://dollyknot.com/nonlinear/Abstract.html
          • Nancy
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 9, 2012
              Julienne, here is the post I responded to. It just came in within 24 hours ago.

              Nancy

              Right Must Leave the BubbleRight Must Leave the Bubble

              Fri Nov 9, 2012 3:34 am (PST) . Posted by:

              "Julienne" zjulienne2

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 9, 2012
                At 09:40 AM 11/9/2012, Nancy wrote:
                >What is your idea of what would improve life of most?

                >Neither major party has the answer as far as I can see.
                >What is it that improves life and how would you make that happen?

                Nancy, I didn't recognize this, because I didn't say it. It was a
                piece I forwarded.
                Please, when you send something like this, attach the rest of the
                material around it
                so we can reply to each other properly.
                >Julienne: "Now we wait
                >to see if the GOP works to improve life for most Americans,
                >They must if they pretend to hold to their view that they are
                >doing just this."

                The above quote, which you sent, came out of the below piece, was
                written by Atlas.

                [If you need a boost in your confidence about the US voter
                rejecting the many Romney positions and all the nonsense
                believed by the Conservatives and Far-Right. Now we wait
                to see if the GOP works to improve life for most Americans,
                They must if they pretend to hold to their view that they are
                doing just this. Think this could mark the end of Karl Rove's
                tactics and acceptance by the GOP? They should dissociate
                themselves from him after this mess. - Atlas

                Basically, Nancy, I would make this a real democracy - toss
                out the greed and graft and the horrific financial and power
                imbalance. One of the things we have learned in the past, and
                what is coming into clear and open focus at the moment, is the
                extent of the Republican/Right effort to just plain "trick" people.

                There has been an atmosphere of malaise and helplessness, even
                depression, in the US, since the days when the Right came in
                and worked so hard to overthrow the social advances of the
                seventies. But this time they out-arroganted themselves.

                They mocked women, they ignored the blacks, , made fun of gays,
                wanted to 'self-deport" Mexicans and others in the US.
                Romney dismissed 47% of the population - and the attitude that
                the poor were just lazy started to rouse that 47%. Women became
                fed up with the vicious threats of "vaginal probes", and with other
                hateful and ignorant statements about what their bodies can and
                can't do, and threats about closing down Planned Parenthood and
                cutting out other needed heath care for women, as well as reversing
                Roe.v Wade.

                Then, the last straw was when the Republicans worked so strenuously
                and outrageously to suppress the vote - with one of them gloating
                publicly and openly that they had put in new and difficult voter ID
                laws in.Pennsylvania, to "give Pennsylvania to Romney - done!"

                The depression and lethargy which has grown in the US from the seventies,
                through the Bush wars in Afghanistan, with the lies surrounding the Bush
                attack on, and destruction of Iraq - with the great uptake of drugs and
                medications people were by now taking - started to be energized. Anger
                began to drive people as Florida limited voting hours, stories came out
                as well about the republicans throwing out Democratic vote registrations,
                redistricting to block Democrats, interferences with voting in Texas,
                Ohio - all Republican efforts - drew many out of their comas - and ended
                up with people being willing to stand in queues o vote for up to 8 hours
                in some cases.

                So, what improves life for all is fairness, honesty, egalitarianism,
                care for each other, balancing resources as much as possible - making
                sure everyone has food, housing, education, job opportunities, respect.

                How would I make that happen? Appeal to the best in people. pass laws
                which reflect those values - laws which give people as much freedom
                and protection as possible, enhancing the quality of life without
                restricting healthy goals and activities.

                How to do that? Example - elect people who exemplify these qualities to
                office and to governance. Pay attention to who is running for office -
                change laws which allow people to stay in office forever, make laws about
                financing and lobbying, so so many representatives don't spend most of
                their time trying to raise campaign funds to stay in office - which funds
                come. largely from lobbyists who don't have the people's best
                interests at heart -
                from oil conglomerates, from drug companies. (Monsanto), from financial
                interests (Wall Street), etc.

                How do we do that? Evolution - growing consciousness. Psychology - growing
                consciousness. But, as Don said the other day. and I paraphrase, (sorry, Don)
                not through an evolutionary psychology which seeks to maintain the status
                quo for ulterior motives - such as wanting to maintain male power over women
                and subjugation in the name of "drives" - "men just can't help themselves
                because it's (whatever is the drive of the moment) hard-wired" - but a
                consciousness which is paying attention to neuroscience and other scientific
                findings which teach us more about human beings, about animals, about the
                brain and heart - psyche and soma.

                It's really pretty simple - we just have to become better people. :)

                Julienne