[evol-psych] Re: News: Neuroscience reveals brain differences between Republicans and Democrats

  • clarence_sonny_williams
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2012
      Hibbsa,

      I'm not sure of your position, but there is general agreement among
      neuroscientists that the female and male brains are different in several
      important respects, both physiologically and functionally.

      I believe it is misleading to attribute religiously-based beliefs to
      either side of the American political divide, right and left. The
      religious right was once firmly implanted within the left-leading
      Democrat party. Today, they are aligned with the Republican party
      because of its general preference for local rather than federal control
      over most government affairs.

      --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "hibbsa" <hibbsa@...>
      wrote:

      > Brad - if you believe men and women have different brains, do you then
      believe transexualism is a real condition (man or woman with opposite
      sex brains)?

      > I only ask because one of the really funny things about the
      nature/nurture dived, that I think really shows off the politics and
      ideology on both sides, is that the 'right' believe in Nature, but
      typically refuse to accept homosexuality and transexualism are Nature,
      but instread Nurture. While the 'left' insist in Nurture, but for
      homosexuality and transexualism make an exception in calling it Nature.
      What a LOL!

      > --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, Brad devilboy6x9@
      wrote:

      > > They just can't help it: Simon Baron Cohen
      > >
      > > What kind of brain do you have? There really are big differences
      between the male and female brain, says Simon Baron-Cohen. And they
      could help

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2003/apr/17/research.highereducation

      > > Brad Beal
      > > Chance Favors The Prepared Mind~ L Pasteur
      > >

      > > ________________________________

      Stonjek"

      > > >Democrats
      > > > >

      > > The selection of a Republican candidate for the presidency of this
      > > globalized and expansive empire is - and I say this seriously - the
      > > greatest competition of idiocy and ignorance that has ever been.
      > > Fidel Castro. January 2012

    • hibbsa
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2012
        Sonny - I don't know if I'd call it a position my end, but certainly
        what you say certainly adds up for me.

        I was talking about Left/Right at the level of the Nature/Nurture
        debate...not politics. Sorry for any confusion caused about that.

        "clarence_sonny_williams" <clarencew@...> wrote:

        > Hibbsa,
        >
        > I'm not sure of your position, but there is general agreement among
        > neuroscientists that the female and male brains are different in
        several
        > important respects, both physiologically and functionally.
        >
        > I believe it is misleading to attribute religiously-based beliefs to
        > either side of the American political divide, right and left. The
        > religious right was once firmly implanted within the left-leading
        > Democrat party. Today, they are aligned with the Republican party
        > because of its general preference for local rather than federal
        control
        > over most government affairs.

        <snip>