[evol-psych] Re: News: Neuroscience reveals brain differences between Republicans and Democrats

  • clarence_sonny_williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2012
      Julienne,

      I beg to disagree. Neuroscience has identified many physiological and
      functional differences between male and female brains. There is
      widespread agreement on most of these significant differences. Would
      you like me to recommend several books written by females that
      extensively discuss the differences?

      --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, Julienne <julienne@...>

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2012
        At 07:42 AM 11/4/2012, clarence_sonny_williams wrote:
        >Julienne,
        >
        >I beg to disagree. Neuroscience has identified many physiological and
        >functional differences between male and female brains. There is
        >widespread agreement on most of these significant differences. Would
        >you like me to recommend several books written by females that
        >extensively discuss the differences?

        Thank you very much, Sonny. My son is a neuroscientist - I read his
        writings among others,
        and have for years.

        Julienne

        <snip>
      • clarence_sonny_williams
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
          Well then, why in the world did you say something different????

          You said, "Well, okay - but, Sonny, no neuroscientist is very sure yet
          of the so-called differences between generic male and female brains."
          Surely, your neuroscientist Son has informed you that he and 99% of his
          peers are VERY SURE of differences between "generic male and female
          brains" (although "normal" is a better term than "generic").

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
            At 08:25 AM 11/5/2012, clarence_sonny_williams wrote:
            >Well then, why in the world did you say something different????
            >
            >You said, "Well, okay - but, Sonny, no neuroscientist is very sure yet
            >of the so-called differences between generic male and female brains."
            >Surely, your neuroscientist Son has informed you that he and 99% of his
            >peers are VERY SURE of differences between "generic male and female
            >brains" (although "normal" is a better term than "generic").

            I stand by what I said, Sonny - they are still exploring what differences
            there might be, and the extent of them. They are not all black and white
            and definitive.

            99% of anything is very tricky. :))) All neuroscientists don't necessarily
            agree on anything. :) It would be wonderful if there were one science
            where there were 99% agreement.:))

            BTW - I don't quote my son - not by name, anyway.

            Julienne

            <Snip>