Re: [evol-psych] China Think Tank Urging 2 Child Policy Be Phased in Immediately

  • Anna
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2 7:14 PM
      <Hmmm...that's a bit hard shelled, isn't it? Would you, as a woman, want to be "imported"?
      I worry sometimes about your seemingly dismissive attitude toward women. >

      I suggest that you worry more about your attitude presenting yourself as eternal victim.
      It is a common practice to seek husbands in foreign countries is they cannot be found  locally.
      In fact, America was ‘made’  with imported wives. I do not see any ill consequences of it.
      However, if we do not curb population, by 2020 the highways will have to be as wide as a city block.
      Legal abortions are just a part of a solution. Just as  important is sexual education.

      Anna

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4 11:57 AM
        At 09:14 PM 11/2/2012, Anna wrote:

        (...)

        It is a common practice to seek husbands in foreign countries is they cannot be found  locally.
        In fact, America was ‘made’  with imported wives. I do not see any ill consequences of it.
        However, if we do not curb population, by 2020 the highways will have to be as wide as a city block.
        Legal abortions are just a part of a solution. Just as  important is sexual education.

        Thank heavens attitudes have changed since the days of which you speak, and that fewer people think
        of women as chattel.

        Are you going to chain the women up in slave ships to get them to leave their homes and
        families?

        Sexual education is, in my opinion, more important than abortions - if we allowed proper
        reproductive education, and financing for birth control, we wouldn't have as many
        pregnancies - or abortions.

        Julienne