Re: [evol-psych] [Opinions Wanted] BDSM: An evolutionary response to rape?

  • R A Fonda
    Message 1 of 190 , Mar 31, 2012
      On 4/1/2012 5:08 AM, sue palam wrote: only those who want to be animal behave like animal the rest of the human race behaves with the appropriate manner according what is right and wrong moral code and law

      Sue,

      I am glad that you became a list member and I hope you remain one, but I find myself wondering what someone who expresses those attitudes would expect to gain from participation. Do you expect to learn about EP, or do you only want to 'police' (as above) those who express views you find immoral? Have you even considered whether or not you might learn from what others post or do you feel you already know what is right and wrong and intend to judge our evolutionary adaptations (and conjectures about same) according to that standard? What do you think is the relationship between "what is right and wrong moral code and law" and EP? Do you think the current western (shall we say PC) moral and legal code conforms to our species' evolutionary adaptation? Do you think adaptations from our 'animalistic' evolutionary history have to be suppressed in order for society to attain a "moral" standard, and what would inform such a standard: marxism, Christianity, some other religion or ... ?

      RAF
    • Robert Karl Stonjek
      Message 190 of 190 , Apr 9 11:25 PM