Homosexual Mating Behavior?

  • Christopher A Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2001
       Dear all,

      We can, for the moment, consider two components of sexual activity: the object of one’s affection, the strategy one uses to attract members of the desired gender. To put a crass spin on some research: Males are more likely to pursue females, and they are likely to use their ability to acquire resources to attract them. Females are more likely to pursue males, and they use cues to health and beauty. I am aware that these should be qualified by “more likely.”

      My question is this: Do male homosexuals try and attract other males by offering resources or cues to health and beauty? The same question would apply to lesbians as well. Exactly how do homosexuals differ from heterosexuals in mating behavior?

      Christopher Robinson
      University of Alabama-Birmingham