Re: [evol-psych] Evolution . / My experience. /

  • hibbsa
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2011
      Israel wrote

      >if you put a monkey
      > at a typewriter for long enough it would type a Shakespeare
      > sonnet. It is surprisingly easy to prove that this is impossible.

      Give me a banana and I'll tell you how long I'd need

      --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, Irwin Silverman
      <isilv@...> wrote:

      > Israel
      >
      > I don't necessarily concur with your theories re: the evolutionary
      process,
      > but I did have a similar experience two decades or so ago at the
      Toronto Zoo. I
      > was watching, sadly, a large Silverback gazing at the crowd outside
      his cage
      > when he caught and intently held my eye. Call it projection or
      zoomorphism or
      > whatever, but I read his total expression as: 'you look like a
      compassionate
      > being - can you get me the fuck out of here?' I have never been able
      to get
      > that moment out of my head (nor go again to a zoo).
      >
      > Best wishes
      >
      > Irwin

      <snip>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2011
        Dear Israelsocratus,

        I certainly agree with your observations. I often see much more dignity and soulfulness and wisdom in the countenances of the great apes than I do in humans. In fact when I walk down the street I often see humans as mutant primates wearing clothes, much more clever than they are wise, clever enough to have taken control of the planet but far too avaricious and savage to nurture and protect it. A mutant primate that has lost its legitimacy to control the planet.

        Good post!

        Edgar

        On Jul 31, 2011, at 4:19 PM, israelsocratus wrote:

        Evolution . / My experience. /
        ==.
        It was a hot summer day.
        In the zoo, near the cage of gorilla the gapers gathered.
        They laughed and threw bits of fruits and bread into the cage.
        And gorilla was twirling round in the narrow cage,
        not finding enough room for itself.
        Our eyes met and I saw agonizing pain in the eyes of gorilla.
        Its eyes were human ones.
        I gazed at it in astonishment.
        Then I transferred my glance on the people.
        They laughed and their eyes were brutal, soulless.
        Silently I observed this picture.
        Ones, having learned to walk on two feet and speak using human voice,
        preserved the ferocious hatred.
        The others, in the skin of an animal, already possess the human origin.
        Links of one chain, of one evolutional civilization.
        #
        In my opinion the evolutionary path from monkeys
        to humans is still not completed process.
        We are still physically and mentally evolving.
        ==========.
        P.S.
        The monkey and Theoretical conception of Evolution.

        The theory of blind evolution, driven purely by natural selection,
        relies on the fact that it has taken a very long time. The scientific
        evidence so far indicates that the cosmos is some 13.7 billion
        years old and that life on earth has taken around 3 billion years
        to evolve and these are indeed very long periods of time.
        Supporters of this theory often said that if you put a monkey
        at a typewriter for long enough it would type a Shakespeare
        sonnet. It is surprisingly easy to prove that this is impossible.
        http://www.copcutt.me.uk/evolution.htm
        Best wishes.
        Israel Sadovnik. Socratus.

      • Israel Socratus
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1 4:39 AM
          Thank you Edgar.
          With you permission
          I will try to take part in your website.

          Israel