Re: [evol-psych] Re: Zero Tolerance: Trump, Schwarzenegger, and Strauss-Kahn

    Message 1 of 204 , Jun 1, 2011
      Not so. The actual archaeological and anthropological evidence is that there are and have been many variations on a single basic theme, that of the husband as head of the family. To believe otherwise is not even a feminist rewrite of history because even feminists recognize and agree with this most obvious fact of history. In fact it forms the very basis of feminist ideology that throughout history men have always controlled women. Of course feminists see that as evil when the fact is that it is simple natural human biology evolved through the EEA.

      As the saying goes 'it is difficult for the fish to see beyond the water he lives in'.

      Edgar

      On Jun 1, 2011, at 10:19 AM, Andrew Hirst wrote:

      And you ignore a wealth of archaeological and anthropological evidence indicating that humans have had a wide variety of types of societal and sub-societal organisation over the course of our history. Anthropological and historical evidence indicates that most prehistoric hunter-gatherer societies were generally relatively egalitarian, and that patriarchal social structures did not develop until many years after the end of the Pleistocene era.

      You are denying the obvious to suit your own needs.

      Andrew Hirst
      PhD student for the AHRC Project "Method in Philosophical Aesthetics: The challenge from the sciences"
      Department of Philosophy
      School of Humanities
      University of Nottingham
      Nottingham NG7 2RD
      Tel: 07729491835

      http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/humanities/aesthetics/index.html
      http://cognitionetc.wordpress.com

      Message 204 of 204 , Jun 7, 2011

        Reaction To Women Abusing Men In Public

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks&feature=feedrec_grec_index

        Exquisite Corpse 77
        Chance Favors The Prepared Mind~ L Pasteur