Re: Fw: Helping some kids track the internet web

  • Irwin Silverman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2001
      This seemed worth forwarding - with our geographic diversity we
      could really give these kids a boost

      > Hi!
      > We are 17 Grade 5 and 6 students at Veteran School in Veteran,
      > Alberta. Veteran is located 320 km northeast of Calgary, Alberta, home of
      > the famous Calgary Stampede. Veteran is in the area that we call the
      > prairies of East Central Alberta. We have decided, after seeing this done at
      > another school, to map an e-mail project. We are curious to see where in the
      > world our e-mail will travel via the Internet, between the period of January
      > 25, 2001 and April 30, 2001. This is not a pen-pal project, so we will not
      > write you back (unless you request a verification). We would like your help.
      >
      > If you receive this e-mail, we ask that you:
      > 1. E-mail us back us back at:
      > veteran56@... and tell us your city/state/ location so we can
      > plot it on our map.
      >
      > 2. Forward this e-mail to everyone you know so that they can send it on
      > to everyone they know (and so on)
      > to help us reach even more people.
      >
      > (We don't mind receiving repeats, so send it on to everyone. We're tracking
      > the number of responses we receive as
      > well, and will be making a graph using the numbers receive by state,
      > province and country. With your help we can make this a very fun learning
      > experience.
      >
      > Please help us.
      > Thank-you for any help you can give.
      > Veteran School Grade 5 & 6
      >
      > Mrs. Debbie Letniak's Social Studies Class
      > Box 649 Veteran, Alberta TOC 2S0
      > Phone: 403-575-3915
      > Fax: 403-575-3870

      Irwin Silverman, Ph.D.
      Psychology Department
      York University
      4700 Keele Street
      Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3
      Canada
      Ph. 416-736-2100 x66213
      fax 416-736-5814

      "the illusion that we are separate from each other is an optical delusion
      of our consciousness" - Albert Einstein