More political karma

  • R A Fonda
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010

      This week, prime minister Gordon Brown derided and vilified a life-long Labor party supporter as a 'bigot' for daring to ask him questions about immigration. Realizing the scale of the electoral disaster he had just created, he panicked and dispatched an email bulletin to all his supporters apologizing profusely for the mistake. As he rightly predicted in the email bulletin to his supporters, the media have taken him to the cleaners.

      This simple mistake has probably cost him the election.

      This is particularly karmic, as the Labor party purports to benefit the British workers, but has, in fact, been working to replace the native British with an immigrant-client electorate.

      RAF

    • Steve Moxon
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2010
        Exactly.

        Gordon Brown is a PC-fascist, so his kneejerk reaction to anyone raising the subject of immigration is that they must be a bigot.
        In fact the bigots are the likes of himself, who cannot accept (cognitive dissonance) that the political-Left ideology is a far too one-sided and narrow view of human nature, and that they were gullible in adhering to it.
        Now it's payback time.
        All those accused of being bigots have seen through the ploy at gut level, and Labour will never form a government in the UK again, and are in the process of being replaced by the Liberal Democrats.
        Thie sea-change revolt against PC-fascism is why the Liberal Democrats jumped an astonishing ten points in the polls after the first leaders' debate on TV showed that there was another credible party to challenge.
        Of course, both the Lib Dems and the Conservative parties have tactically shifted on to PC-fascist territory, but  with the demise of the main political-Left party they will be able to shift towards reality.

        Steve Moxon [author of the book, The Woman Racket: The new science explaining how the sexes relate at work, at play and in society, 2008 Imprint Academic; and 'Dominance as adaptive stressing and ranking of males, serving to allocate reproduction by self-suppressed fertility: Towards a fully biological understanding of social system', 2009 Medical Hypotheses; and 'Culture is biology: Why we cannot 'transcend' our genes', 2010 Politics & Culture.]

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2010
          Actually immigration was only a very minor part of what Mrs Duffy was questioning Brown on.  Her main gripe was that she was paying tax even as a widow on a very modest income, this spilled into questions on the National Debt, a complaint that hard working people like her were paying taxes whereas assorted benefit junkies were milking the system the  phrase where are all these Eastern European's flocking from was a throw away remark.

          Labour has of course tried to spin the thing that this is the reason GB called her a bigot.  I'm not at all sure that is right.  I think GB was just aghast that any real member of the public had been allowed to come and ask him the  type of questions which almost all voters  want some answer to.  The spin doctors have  sought to focus on the East Europeans comment as a way of effectively saying:  Well we know it was very impolite to cal her a bigot - but infact we all know  she  is.

          In any case it's a mistake to say that this mistake cost him the election as he had pretty much lost it already.  My assessment was that the probability of a Labour victory was reduced from about 4% to 3%  (roughly what the book makers are saying too I believe.)  The chances of the Labour Party itself still remaining in power look higher as the rise of the Liberal Democrats has made the whole election wide open in that no-one really knows how much tactical voting will take place  on voting day.

          For what its  worth my assessment of the probabilities would be:

          Conservative majority Government: 20%
          Conservative minority Government:  35%
          Conservative/Lib Dem Coalition:  20%
          Labour/Lib Dem Coalition:  15%
          Labour Minority Government:  5%
          Labour Majority Government:  3%
          Lib Dem Government/other:  2%

          For those not familiar with the British electoral system this might seem odd given that the Polls are saying that the overall votes
          might be shared approximately:

          Conservatives: 36%
          Lib Dems:  32%
          Labour: 25%
          Other: 7%

          This differences arises because Labour votes are highly concentrated in poorer inner cities, whereas Conservatives do well in more wealthy suburban and rural areas whereas the Lib Dem vote has traditionally been much more evenly spread.  Labour's best chance or retaining power would seem to be that the Lib Dems do better than expected to make a Conservative Majority or Minority Government impractical and that the Conservatives refuse to countenance electoral reform as the price for Lib Dem support.  In this case the Lib Dems may form a coalition with Labour but I would have thought that given that almost nobody inside or outside the Labour party actually thinks GB is the  right man for the job this coalition may be lead by Nick Clegg or one of BG's lieutenants.

          Wade

          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2010
            No. It was Gillian Duffy's comment about East Europeans "flocking" here that Gorgon reacted to. He immediately shut down the conversation and insisted on going back to an earlier point. In the radio interview afterwards he actually stated that it was the immigration question from Gillian Duffy that had "annoyed" him.
            Gorgon himself has subsequently disingeuously tried to make out that he had misinterpreted what Gillian Duffy said as that we were being overrun by foreign students. She said nothing remotely in that vein, and he could not possibly have made that interpretation at the time given what she said. This was a subsequent stupid attempt to spin that his fatuous team foisted on him, and he stupidly went along with.
            As usual, it was less the hole that he originally found himself in than the ensuing relentless digging to try to get our of it that was telling.
            Gorgon's attempt to rectify the situation by going to Gillian Duffy's home was a monumental disaster. She wouldn't come out of the house and clearly has not forgiven him. And this will have been after lots of dirty arm-twisting -- that will be revealed in her story to be published in a newspaper tomorrow.
            The pillock stood on his tod outside her house with the most false smile in the history of politics, as viewers wondered if Mrs Duffy had been drowned in her bath, or threatened with having her grandkids put in a normal state school.

            Even the metaphors are catching up with Gorgon: at his launch yesterday of his new poster campaign, a car veered off the road and crashed.

            Labour Party insiders are reported as now predicting the worst Labour vote since 1918.
            That will be in-line with the extent to which the party is obsolete.

            The Conservatives have learnt well from Liberal Democrat intensive work in targetted seats, but Labour haven't got either the money or the support on the ground to match this (many of their former activists are staying home rather than getting involved in campaigning). A week ago the Conservatives were 12 points ahead in all their Labour marginals: way ahead of the national lead in the polls that averages across all constituencies.

            The Labour vote could now slide leading to near annhiliation; though there is Dynosaurial loyalty to the party in the North-East.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2010
              A somewhat similar reaction is developing in the US, in response to the democratic party's importation of a client electorate from Mexico and third-world sources at a time when there is such severe unemployment. The chattering classes are apoplectic about the Arizona law that gives state and local police the authority to enforce immigration laws the federal government has been ignoring. Far from the PC 'opinion-makers' being able to influence or intimidate the people, this approach is 'going viral', with several other states introducing comparable legislation.

              RAF