75943Re: [evol-psych] Re: Women's bare flesh in winter 'a bigger turn-on for men'

  • Robert Karl Stonjek
    Oct 3, 2008
      > Joao asks:
      > > How can runaways
      be attractive?
      > Jeremy Bowman
      > I presume you're asking how does
      "playing hard to get" work? It's a
      > bit like "haggling" over a price. In
      haggling, the object of the game
      > is for the buyer and seller to agree
      on a price. The seller can bring
      > it up by appearing reluctant to sell,
      and the buyer can bring it down
      > by appearing reluctant to buy.
      These days, males that play hard to get are simply assumed to be gay, unless the pursuer is gay in which case it is assumed that you are playing hard to get.
      Don't women who had STDs play hard to get in order to protect potential male sexual partners?  Try this:
      "Before I waste eighty bucks on long stem roses, are you playing hard to get because:
      a) you have the clap and don't want to pass it on to me;
      b) you prefer women;
      c) you want to take the upper hand in any subsequent relationship;
      d) you don't date flashers."
      Get this handy little quote printed on a business sized card and hand it to the prospective female.  If she writes her phone number on the reverse side then all well and good - if she walks away then nobody gets hurt and annoying ambiguity does not persist - you can move straight on to the next prospective conquest.
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic