3664[evol-psych] Re: Mind virus could give us shopping bug

  • Jerrod Hansen
    Mar 31 11:54 PM
      Sent: 31 March 2000 05:27
      Subject: Re: [evol-psych] Mind virus could give us shopping bug

      The link didn't work for me, but I tracked down the article. Marsden
      is blatantly lifting Doug Rushkoff's ideas about media influence, and
      his grasp of social psychology is weak. (He claims to get a whole
      group of people staring into the sky simply by planting one person
      staring into space. This result is dependent on the number of initial
      cohorts and relies on an actual object, not empty space).

      For those interested in Rushkoff's ideas, his books Media Virus
      (1996) and Coercion (1999) detail his thoughts about media virus and
      his reaction to the embracing of the concept by advertising agencies.

      "ian pitchford" <ian.pitchfor-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/evolutionary-psychology/?
      start=3604