143010Re: [evol-psych] Alleles, Genes and Mutations

    Nov 12, 2012
      The sera and tissues of various animals contains exogenous plant miRNAs that are primarily acquired through food intake. If not for the epigenetic effects of nutrient chemicals on intracellular signaling and stochastic gene expression, there would probably be no ecological niche construction from which adaptive evolution proceeds via subsequent social, neurogenic, and socio-cognitive niche construction. That would make adaptive evolution depend on random mutations, but there's no model for that. That's why evolution via random mutations is a ridiculous theory! Moving forward, the ridiculous theory becomes dangerous when people who claim expertise in genetics, like Sussa, do not recognize the perils associated with GMOs. They don't even know enough to recognize the risks and compare them to the rewards.

      From: Sussa Björkholm <sussab@...>
      To: evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, November 11, 2012 6:43:01 AM
      Subject: Re: [evol-psych] Alleles, Genes and Mutations

      The thing is, how could DNA or proteins that are in the food in any way affect us as they are all digested into nucleotides and amino acids before they are absorbed into our body?

      As nucleotides and amino acids they have lost all their previous "identities" and cannot be dangerous no matter how they were put together before.

      Sussa

      On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Leif Ekblad <leif@...> wrote:

      Yes, I think there are real risks with genetically modified crops, apart from multinational companies being able to charge people for using seeds.

      I still haven't been able to publish my primary paper about neurodiversity, but it is at least on peer-review again, so I hope for a positive outcome. It is a pity that it is so hard to publish controversial material like this, and even to find some journal that is interested in it. I wrote the Neanderthal theory of autism already in 2001, and started to research it a few years later. The main research with Aspie Quiz started in 2004, so what I'm trying to publish is 8 years of research, which is kind of hard to summarize in an ordinary paper, especially when the implications are so broad.

      Leif Ekblad

      Anna wrote:
      I know of this claim. In fact recent research suggests that a gene indeed can be transferred from one species to another although the exact mechanism is unknown. I had these two articles in my files for a while.  The one from ISIS warns about the risks of genetically modified foods for the very reason..
      I am most interested in your research. Please, elaborate.

    • Show all 33 messages in this topic