142648Re: [evol-psych] Re: Mitt Romney Explain How Jesus Will Reign for 1,000 Years When He Returns, in Jerusalem... and Missouri

    Nov 5, 2012
      At 12:32 PM 11/5/2012, Don Zimmerman wrote:
      >--- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "hibbsa" <hibbsa@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Certainly you're right (or I agree) in a lot of these observations. Kind
      > > of as an extension of what you say, I think it very difficult to judge a
      > > President who does not get a second term. The second term frees the Pre
      > > sident from some of these constraining factors at least to some extent.
      > > My overall impression of Obama's first term efforts is one that leaves
      > > me sufficiently intrigued to want to see what he would do with a second
      > > term. That's not to say I necessarily agree with, or even understand the
      > > underlying issues to, many of his policies. But rather, I do think that
      > > he made good efforts to implement the policies that he said that he
      > > would implement. I see that as a very important quality over and above
      > > agreeing or disagreeing with what the actual policies were. So..for
      > > me...Obama for President! (I also think he is going to win).
      >

      >DWZ:
      >It would be interesting to know the percentage of all psychologists
      >who support Obama or Romney as opposed to the percentages of those
      >who identify themselves as evolutionary psychologists supporting one
      >or the other. My guess is that relatively more "evolutionary
      >psychologists" support Romney because of the current of Social
      >Darwinism that remains within the discipline.
      >
      >Romney appeals more to the everybody-for-themselves, smaller government,

      I'm not sure the Romneyites are for smaller government, though they
      claim to be. They just want government "off their backs" - deregulate
      the banks, credit cards, stock market, anything that helps them make
      money for themselves. However, they want to load women up with
      regulations, and gays, - and more.

      >don't-tax-my-money-I-have-rightfully-earned philosophy

      Yes - by whatever means. They still don't get that they didn't make
      that money by themselves - but off the backs of their %7.25 an hour
      workers. They don't get that they need the roads, trucks, trains,
      etc., to movetheir products. Take away all those workers, and those
      forms of transportation, and what would happen to their businesses.
      They don't get it because they don't want to get it.

      >As a wild guess, maybe 80% of all psychologists are for Obama, while
      >among evolutionary psychologists it is more like 50-50.
      >
      >If Galton, Haeckel, etc. were alive today, I would expect to see
      >them at Romney rallies. Perhaps their ghosts were there anyway (in
      >empty chairs somewhere behind the podium).

      Speaking of empty chairs - I had a robot call from Clint Eastwood.
      Sad. And another one from the Romneyites ripping Obama apart. Not
      nice. Also one from Bill Clinton - just talking about voting...

      Julienne

      The selection of a Republican candidate for the presidency of this
      globalized and expansive empire is - and I say this seriously - the
      greatest competition of idiocy and ignorance that has ever been.
      Fidel Castro. January 2012
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic