142612Re: [evol-psych]Mitt Romney Explain How Jesus Will Reign for 1,000 Years When He Returns, in Jerusalem... and Missouri

  • clarence_sonny_williams
    Nov 5, 2012
      Julienne,

      Of course there is a constant strain on the Constitutional protections
      regarding freedom OF religion and freedom AGAINST the establishment of a
      religion. Like it or not, the original colonies were Christian
      bastions. They borrowed from Calvinist principles, which also was
      largely responsible for our tripartite form of government. When the
      colonies decided to form a "more perfect union," they vigorously
      defended their right to maintain state-level theocracies; the states
      were still Christian bastions. Only after the Civil War did that
      sentiment for Christian theocracies begin to erode. That legal erosion
      only accelerated beginning around 1930, when the Supreme Court finally
      enforced the 14th Amendment and required States to also be perfectly
      secular.

      So, America has only recently transformed itself from a virtual
      theocracy. In light of that, it is easy to see why we have continuing
      conflicts over the religion clauses.

      --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, Julienne <julienne@...>

      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/04/irs-church-state_n_2069009.html

      > Julienne
      >

      > >--- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "Anna" pantheon@
      > >wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Watch Mitt Romney Explain How Jesus Will Reign for 1,000 Years
      When He
      > >Returns, in Jerusalem... and Missouri
      > > > Video emerges of Romney citing the thinking of a wildly fringe
      > >conspiracy theorist and his belief in the strange intricacies of the
      > >Mormon faith.
      > > > November 2, 2012 | Watch Mitt Romney get in a heated exchange with
      > >radio host from a radio interview in 2008 about where Jesus will
      reign
      > >and rule over the Earth for 1,000 years -- in Jerusalem and Missouri.
      > >Romney displays deep familiarity with the thinking of a Mormon
      > >hermit-conspiracy theorist Cleon Skousen, who was also Glenn Beck's
      > >great inspiration.
      >

      > The selection of a Republican candidate for the presidency of this
      > globalized and expansive empire is - and I say this seriously - the
      > greatest competition of idiocy and ignorance that has ever been.
      > Fidel Castro. January 2012

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic