142578[evol-psych] Re: News: Neuroscience reveals brain differences between Republicans and Democrats

  • hibbsa
    Nov 4, 2012
      Sonny - I don't know if I'd call it a position my end, but certainly
      what you say certainly adds up for me.

      I was talking about Left/Right at the level of the Nature/Nurture
      debate...not politics. Sorry for any confusion caused about that.

      --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com,
      "clarence_sonny_williams" <clarencew@...> wrote:

      > Hibbsa,
      >
      > I'm not sure of your position, but there is general agreement among
      > neuroscientists that the female and male brains are different in
      several
      > important respects, both physiologically and functionally.
      >
      > I believe it is misleading to attribute religiously-based beliefs to
      > either side of the American political divide, right and left. The
      > religious right was once firmly implanted within the left-leading
      > Democrat party. Today, they are aligned with the Republican party
      > because of its general preference for local rather than federal
      control
      > over most government affairs.

      <snip>
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic