142572[evol-psych] Re: News: Neuroscience reveals brain differences between Republicans and Democrats

  • clarence_sonny_williams
    Nov 4, 2012
      Julienne,

      I beg to disagree. Neuroscience has identified many physiological and
      functional differences between male and female brains. There is
      widespread agreement on most of these significant differences. Would
      you like me to recommend several books written by females that
      extensively discuss the differences?

      --- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, Julienne <julienne@...>
      wrote:

      > At 09:19 AM 11/2/2012, clarence_sonny_williams wrote:
      > >This is embarrassing to neuroscience. Males and females are more
      > >divergent in how their brains process socially salient information
      than
      > >Democrats and Republicans...and there is no mistaking their identity.
      > >Using 24 undergraduates at USC who self-identify as Republican or
      > >Democrat means the study begins with a fuzzy population. And then we
      > >use a fuzzy measurement of the brain's "hot spots" of those "fuzzily
      > >segmented" subjects? Worthless!
      >

      > Well, okay - but, Sonny, no neuroscientist is very sure yet of the
      > so-called differences between generic male and female brains.
      >
      > We have to start somewhere...
      >
      > Julienne
      >
      > >--- In evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Karl Stonjek"
      > >stonjek@ wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Neuroscience reveals brain differences between Republicans and
      > >Democrats
      > > > November 1st, 2012 in Neuroscience
      > > >

      > The selection of a Republican candidate for the presidency of this
      > globalized and expansive empire is - and I say this seriously - the
      > greatest competition of idiocy and ignorance that has ever been.
      > Fidel Castro. January 2012

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic