      From: Julienne <julienne@...>
      To: evolutionary-psychology@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 2, 2012 7:42 AM
      Subject: Re: [evol-psych] Re: [evil-psych] Re: France Free Abortion Bill

      At 09:00 PM 11/1/2012, Anna wrote:

      Nonsense. Perhaps breeding for profit is your thing, I cannot say.  But it is not how  it  goes among reputable breeders.   The cost of showing, medical care and genetic tests runs well over  $1000
      Do  you test your cats before you breed them and sell? If you did, you would know that the tests alone can run to about $600 per animal. And yes, there are such tests for cats. Both parents have to tested before breeding  and then each and every offspring before selling it. Only  pet  mills do not do such tests.

      In toy breeds many litters consist just of one, two or three puppies max.. To get a 1000 dollars for a puppy you need to be a top show breeder. This means make the parents champions before you breed them.  The cost of showing a dog to its championship runs  at least $5000 ( but only if the dog is of a superb quality and finishes fast, otherwise more).
      Reputable breeders I know never make any profit. Whatever they earn goes back to  their animals and more. A bag of good food is  60 dollars such as  Solid Gold.

      You imagine a lot of things Julienne, and this just one of them. Fact is that nowhere unless you hire  an illegal alien,  you can get a maid to clean your dirty house for 7 dollars.  And another fact is that people who earn the lowest wages do not hire maids.   Otherwise, what  would they eat and how would  they pay their rents?

      So, try again.....

      Anna, you have no idea what you're talking about.

      Just a few comments:

      "Toy" breeds? An animal isn't a toy - and breeders should not be breeding for distortions.

      I also don't believe in "showing" - it is like "showing" humans - beauty shows, slave auctions, etc. It's very hard on animals - and it means there is an insistence on completely vanity "standards". So many breeds have trouble breathing while their little faces and noses are pushed in to meet some human "standard",  Others have hip dysplasia and other physical problems because of the artificial "standards".

      The type of "breeder" you are talking about sounds like a horror to me - not much difference between that kind of vanity breeding and puppy mills.

      You've also seen that the minimum wage is $7.25, and yet you are in denial about that, too.

      Julienne

      The selection of a Republican candidate for the presidency of this globalized and expansive empire is - and I say this seriously - the greatest competition of idiocy and ignorance that has ever been. Fidel Castro. January 2012

    • Show all 35 messages in this topic