10834Re: [evol-psych] Biological Theories of Race at the Millennium

  • Irwin Silverman
    Mar 2, 2001
      On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Ken Moore wrote:

      > ... The undefinability and biological undetectability
      > of race is one of those things that I have known so long that I forget
      > how I learnt it.

      Is it not so that the phenotypic criteria used to define race
      are no more or less precise than the phenotypic criteria used to define
      sub-species taxa throughout the animal world.
      I am not pretending to have general answers to the potential
      social and political problems inherent in an evolutionary and
      ethological approach to human behavior. I do think it is better to
      confront these head-on rather than indulge in the kinds of semantic
      games played by Rose and company.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic