101948Re: [evol-psych] Human Nature: normal and natural between-group behavior

    Feb 1 5:37 PM
      Donald,

      It's easy to have a participatory democracy when you have ethnically cleansed all those who might disagree with you (who were in fact the majority of the population). Somehow I don't see that as very worthy of the term democracy nor anything to be proud of. Do you?

      Edgar

      On Feb 1, 2010, at 3:33 PM, Donald W. wrote:

      --- In evolutionary- psychology@ yahoogroups. com, "R A Fonda" <rafonda@... > wrote:

      > I know I would like to exclude the component of their political action that is based on their delusional religious beliefs, though not the people themselves. IOW, I would like to see them act in their own REAL interests. But would you, really? Without their political actions based on religious delusion, America would stop supporting Israel.

      DWZ:
      I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that Israel has a very liberal, democratic and progressive form of government. I would suspect there is less superstition and religious delusion in Israel than in Kansas and Alabama. I should think that, in the long run, the interests of that nation and the interests of the USA and other advanced Western nations are aligned in a sense that transcends current politics and economics.

      Best regards,

      Donald W. Zimmerman
      Vancouver, BC, Canada
      dwzimm@telus. net