Re: much appreciated

  • Matthias Riedl
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
      Dear Mr. McKane,

      Thank you. If there is an interest in this text I will try to provide it
      as a pdf-document, as soon as I find the time.

      Meanwhile:

      The relationship between Vico's Nuova Scienza and Voegelin's New
      Science is discussed in Barry Cooper's introduction to CW, vol. 24.

      For Voegelin's early conception of "Politische Wissenschaft"
      in the context of German "Geisteswissenschaft" one might have a
      look at the monograph of Hans-Jörg Sigwart: Das Politische und die
      Wissenschaft. Intellektuell-biographische Studien zum Frühwerk Eric
      Voegelins. Würzburg: Königshausen & Neumann, 2005. In my view,
      this is certainly the best and most comprehensive book on the „early
      Voegelin".

      http://www.webshop-koenigshausen-neumann.de/details.php?id=5097&source=s\
      search

      I know that Mr. Sigwart is planning an English edition of his work. But
      I don't know about the state of affairs. Those who don't read
      German can meanwhile find some of Mr. Sigwart's insights in his
      article Modes of Experience - On Eric Voegelin's Theory of Governance,
      in: Review of Politics, vol. 68, No. 2 (2006), S. 259-286.

      Regards,

      Matthias Riedl

      --- In evforum@yahoogroups.com, "Zetesis" <zetesis@...> wrote:

      > I, for one, greatly appreciation the contributions to this forum by
      Matthias Riedl, and hope that he will continue to share his insights and
      analysis.

      > Is Voegelin's German introduction to "The New Science of Politics"
      available? It seems to be highly important. And probably many of us in
      this forum are able to read the German.